Personal thoughts about current Conan

It had a hotkey for it. Not exactly the same as undermeshing. So good logic you.

You didnt get higher dps by unwield/wield your main weapon. Only animation cancell that gave you higher dps was the cancell you did with 2nd hand.

Yes, I am sure it is when you donā€™t bother to read what they say.

Exactly, which is why you should be asking Funcom to increase the speed of animations. You should not however be complaining that they have disallowed you from canceling animations to give you an advantage by making movement ā€œfor freeā€, but only to those who ā€œhave learned to do thisā€. By your own words, you are canceling the animations which is why it was removed along with the rest of the animation canceling from switching from one weapon to another or to a tool. This is not a question of not having ā€œknowledge about PvPā€, this is about you not willing to understand simple basic concepts.

Really? Is that why it was the meta that was ā€œTHE DEATH OF PVP!!!ā€ Is that why EVERY PvP player was screaming on the forums to nerf the hell out of spears making them garbage weapons on PvE? Yeah, Iā€™m sure itā€™s because it was such a terrible tactic in PvP right? Hate to brake it to you dorpie, but it was the meta because it was the most powerful way to PvP back then. Again, you just donā€™t want to face reality do you?

So to go back to your first part,

Yes, yes it must be when you clearly do not wish to face reality or listen to anything.

1 Like

Biggcane55, I actually like your idea quite a bit there. Incentivize people to use their combos and actually hit their target with the full combo.

Personally, I think the biggest screw up Funcom made was done a long time ago.

When I first started playing this game there were 3 different types of armor. Light, medium, & heavy. And you would see players using all 3 of them, depending on their own personal play style. Light for low armor and fast rolling, heavy for high armor and slow rolling, and medium in between.

Then they nerfed rolling.

Now itā€™s Light Armor for low AC & slow rolling, Medium Armor for okay AC & slow rolling, and Heavy Armor for high AC & slow rolling.

As a result, everybody is wearing heavy armor, all of the time.

Why even have Light and Medium armor in the game at this point? Roleplaying?

1 Like

The meaning of PVP is learning how to do it the best way. Removing stuff that acquire some sort of skill to it will not make it better. It will just make the PVP more boring, because the skillcurve flattens out. In other words u dont need to practise as much to become really good at the actual fighting part, wich is like I said boring. Anyone can learn how to click a button twice, itā€™s not needed a lot of skill to it, the skill is when to do it and when not.

People asked for spear nerfā€™s yes. I did not tho. But it was not the ā€œpokepoke rollā€ that was the thing people wanted gone, maybe some people but atleast not the people I know. And u dont brake anything into me since I have pretty good knowledge about how the PVP was back then and how it is now. And back then the meta was spear like you saying but not poke roll, only reason people rolled was to catch up a running player wich was a skill in itself. But if you fought a guy that had that tactic, he will be out of stamina 90% of the actuall fight. So yes u are right it was a terrible tactic. U used it to catch up running players or players that tried to escape with a roll.

Im sorry that I had to brake it down to you Oduda.

Just in case you missed the point by accident and not on purpose, the point is that nobody gives a dime whether a game mechanic was there 3 years or 3 minutes. Funcom decided to yank it and youā€™re not going to change their minds by reminding them how long it had been in the game. Itā€™s not like they were unaware of it.

For that matter, you wonā€™t even change another playerā€™s mind. People will either like the change or not, and whether they like it depends on the gameplay, not on tradition or longevity.

So if what youā€™re hoping for is to actually get Funcom to improve the game, or even to just change someone elseā€™s mind, then it really doesnā€™t matter how long something was in the game. If, on the other hand, youā€™re only interested in keeping the circle jerk going in the echo chamber, then forget I said anything.

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t the problem that people on PC were making script macros to perform rapid animation cancelling? There were a ton of videos of people one shoting with 1h maces bc of how many cancel/hits you could fit in a swing. Maybe Iā€™m wrong, we didnā€™t have that on PS, but it was my assumption that the growing popularity of that meta is what sealed the deal on canceling. Open to being corrected though.

This is why Iā€™m of both minds on it: unwielding is great, but if it can be ā€œhooked ontoā€ every weapon swing with the use of allowed software itā€™s unfair. There are some apps that come with mice, for instance Razer Synapse, that can make easy macros. And while I use benign ones all the time (wield shield/sword on one thumb button), unfair ones are an unreasonable gate to playability.

I will say this. People who say the game was killed for them because their animation canceling was removed need to stop bluffing. Leave if youā€™re going to leave. As Codemage said stop the circle jerk. Its starting to get sad at this point. Its been months now. Stop the drama.

There are controllers available capable of macros on both Playstation and Xbox.

3 Likes

So sorry Dorpie but the only thing you broke down is that you clearly do not understand what ANYONE was complaining about back then. So thank you for that.

The biggest complaint is that everyone just poked and rolled, poked and rolled. Go back in the archives if you canā€™t remember that far back but it was EVERYWHERE on the forums back then. Funcomā€™s answer was to make the spear into a piece of garbage. Hate to brake to to you, I know you hate facing reality, but that IS the reality. Maybe YOU did not complain about it, I never claimed that you personally did. I donā€™t even remember your name from back then to be honest. But you better believe the PvP community sure as hell did. Sit in light armor, roll around and poke with a spear.

1 Like

Maybe people in here complained about it. Thatā€™s the thing, I started to be active in the forums after that beacause I enjoyed the game back then. So I rather played than wrote books about it.

But I still remember how the PVP was, and good players did not use that tactic. Since it wasnt effective if your goal was to survive in fights. Maybe people who wanted to be grey and a easy target liked it.

Yes off hand cancelling, not unwield/wield cancelling. Off hand cancelling they removed, but they also removed unwield without any complaints about it. Instead they told everyone unwield / wield gave you higher DPS but that was incorrect.

Not me. Itā€™s what many PvPers themselves complain about - ā€œyou just spam click heavy attack, thereā€™s no skill involvedā€. I donā€™t PvP, and the videos Iā€™ve seen are mostly people attacking unsuspecting victims from behind, so I need to rely on the PvPersā€™ description on how PvP works.

Look for yourself. There are plenty of YouTube Videos.

Roman Legion:

Random YouTubers:

And just for information, here old Conan PvP (2019):

what exactly is unweilding, sorry to ask

For me the game doesnā€™t feeling like a survival game anymore. I have said this in game and in some videos that there is nothing to fear (PVE wise) once you hit 60. All your do is basically farm over and over to move on to the next build. Now donā€™t get me wrong I love the building system, but there needs to be some sense of fear.
I have played the game in different methods like lvln with no fighter thralls. Doing dungeons alone and even lvln with no thralls at all not even profession / worker thralls so that way i can get more life out of the game. well enough of the rambling from me, bottom line is the game needs to be harder in PVE / PVE-C so you have to be scared at lvl 1 all the way to lvl 60.

2 Likes

When you put your weapon away.

:joy: ahhh fml

2 Likes

Not quite. Every good PvP player will play light armor (Silent Legion Light with Dragonhide).

Why you may ask. Because this armor gives +3 on attributes and additionally if you put full bulked platings on the armor pieces, you get a whopping 70% damage reduction. Which is not far behind the 82% you get from heavy armor.

So it is still light armor META, because light armor is still OP because of that and another reason:

6 rolls + faster stamina regen.

2 Likes