Pets Disappearing In Taming Pen

I have been playing on my single-player server for some time now and have been taming pets here and there with no problems. However, once I started taming more than one at a time, I noticed not all the pets were in the pen after growing up. I put in 4 striped hyena welps, I get anywhere from 2 to 4 back.

Yes, it is a modded server and my first method to figuring out what’s wrong was to remove the mods one by one and test the taming pen each time to see the outcome. And I would fully restart Steam just to be certain everything was reset. In the end, with every mod removed, pets are still disappearing.

Then I tried adjusting the taming speed, since I had it lowered to get things done much faster. Regardless of a higher or lower speed, same results.

Finally I thought maybe it was the map that’s bugged. Being on the exiled lands, I switched to the isle of siptah and nothing was different. Pets sometimes disappearing on tame.

2 Likes

Hi there and welcome to the forums :slight_smile:
This is a specific bug with Hyenas that a few of us have encountered - the ones that are going missing are all the ones that would have been Greater Hyenas. Please see the thread below for further info :slight_smile:

For what it’s worth - since you’re on singleplayer, you could use a pseudo-workaround - it is very clear from testing that it is each and every greater hyena that is going missing, so you could use the admin panel to spawn the missing ones in as adults - at least that way you don’t have to ‘lose’ any more while waiting for the fix.

well known bug with greather hyenas, just wait for fix, do not waste your time trying to get one, for some reason they just poof from the pen

Hello, thank you for the report! This is a known issue and our team is currently working on diagnosing it for a potential fix.

Please let us know if you encounter any other issues!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.