Pets falling throught ceilings

Game mode: [Online official]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [PvP]
Region: [EU]

[Describe the bug here]

Pets simply fall through ceilings if they are high enough then get stuck into foundations and ground and cannot be picked up…

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Build ceilings high enough with foundations underneath.
  2. Place pets onto them.
  3. Log in/off.
  4. Wait for them to fall.

Thralls are too as well as falling thru foundations had to break a named out from under foundation

same here. I was wondering where a couple of mine went and they had fallen through their ceiling tiles and were living in a sealed off section below. Fortunately Freya and her friend were healthy and alive.

1 Like

I had a thrall fall thru my ceiling 2 days ago. This is also happening on the xbox

Hey,

Thanks for your feedback. Which pets in particular are showing this issue? Our team is aware that crocodiles have a tendency for being this kind of naughty, but we would like to know if there is any other pets that are doing this.
Thralls are also mentioned. Is this issue happening consistently or sporadically?

I have a couple panthers that do this. I’ve named one Ceiling Cat, because he now hovers mid-air directly below the floor he fell thru.

2 Likes

Sporadically for me. I have one of my crazy theories too, based on how my thralls were just fine above the ceiling for a few days, then one day they had vanished below. So here is what I think: When we die and respawn in our beds, if our bases are large, there is a long redraw time for the base to populate. I would frequently fall to the ground during that death respawn, then magically teleport back up to my bed later, when the base finished drawing. So my guess is that something similar might happen to thralls and pets. They might get populated in the world before the structure they were standing on, which causes them to drop down. I see this when I position pets or thralls on rocks. They can be fine for a few days, then one day they will be inside the rock.

So I think if we make sure that all rocks, trees and structures are build first (on a server restart), then finally populate pets, thralls and players, it might help resolve this?

Just one of my wild theories

5 Likes

All of my pets and Thralls feet go through the ceiling when following me through my base Dalina Shadowhunter is halfway through the floor 80% of the time. My white tiger fell through the foundation and I had to break him out the other day after placed him he seems to be ok. The rest when I place them seem stable enough including dancers. This is on sandstone ceiling tiles haven’t upgraded floor/ceilings just yet.

2 Likes

This is /was a bug in ea, so there could be any reference bout it,
if it is the same bug.

That was focussed on foundations, but i see similarities ingame with that.

My main exp is panther 95% of the time sunken halfleg in the surroundings.
I have recently seen panthers in foundations (or likewise)
A bit futher back like august/sept the human thralls fell through foundations again.

I notice because it was a dominant bug in ea time and i wonder where it suddenly comes “back” from.

3 Likes

Hey everyone,

Got word back from our team. To anybody who reported this issue, does this happen in online servers or also on single-player/coop servers?

I only do a dedicated server for my play time. I test thing at times on single play, but the pet thing might be hard to pin down, unless I single play for a long time. Hopefully someone else can verify if single play also does it.

For anyone that has this happening to them on an online official server, would it be possible for you to send to me (privately) the location where this is happening?
Also, to anybody that this happens to in single-player, would it be possible for you to send to me the save file in which this happens? (also privately)

Thanks in advance

im on official pve C server 1518 I have a base at top of B 10 circular in design 4 levels floors are still sandstone and on every floor evne foundation one my follower Dalinsia Snowhunter is halfway thru most floors as she is following me on every level of base. She also does it at my base over river on black ice flooring at south jungle oblisk area as well as at times gets stuck in ground when leaving that area.

2 Likes

Done! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Online official
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Bug
Server type: [Enter one of the following:PvE-Conflict
Region: America

Follower thralls clipping halfway through terrain at any of the Biomes Desert Highlands Volcano Jungle on solid ground Foundations and Ceiling tiles. I have turned around many times to see only the midsection and up poking out of the ground/floor/foundation/ceiling tiles.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.Make any thrall follow you
2.start traveling
3.Turn around
4. Watch Thrall clip into the terrain/floor/see feet thru ceiling.

It isn’t game breaking so far but it is abit annoying when said torso or feet block your pathing in building.

2 Likes

yes… this happens since last patch

1 Like

It happening also on singleplayer.
Lost a panther so on the aqueduc a day, so not only foundations, but also in game structures are touched.
Mostly happen after relog, or maybe also in particular, like said in a previous post, when player die.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.