Players unable to connect since the patch

Game mode: [ | Online private |]
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: | Bug |
Server type: PvP | RP | PvE
Region: EU

Players unable to connect. Server lists with 9999 ping.
Players who open an RDP to server can connect to the game.

Have removed all mods, still unable connect. Have tried different Ports and configured Firewall.
Test server (10 slot) with same modlist is fine, wasnt spun up when patch hit. Also different Provider.

Update another player who doesnt have access to the server via RDP has connected.

2 Likes

Are you saying your server is working now, or that a single player has been able to connect?
If so, what’s special or different about their setup that they were able to connect?

Same problem. . . . . It’s been many days since the 6/16 update? The servers in the ASIA TAIWAN area are still unable to connect. Not only the private server can’t be turned on, even the official server will be connected and the connection will crash. Every time you enter, it will jump to the screen of the creator, and then collapse.
If you can’t fix it, just restore it. I’m asking you, don’t waste everyone’s time.

try this to begin with this its a common problem across servers ATTN FUNCOM / GP: Here's your workaround for players stuck in "Lost connection to server" loops. Also, (some) help for players with this issue

The IMORTANT STUFF : If you are running a dedicated server and need a copy/paste example, you can add the following lines to your …\ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\Engine.ini file:

[/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver]
ConnectionTimeout=300

[/Script/HTML5Networking.WebSocketNetDriver]
ConnectionTimeout=300

It won´t have any demerit whatsoever since the only thing it will do is give the players higher chance to join because of a longer time before timeout.

1 Like

I will try that thankyou. At the moment my work around is to host a website on the same server, players are opening a connection to that and then steam lets them in.

I tried this and they still cant connect without opening the server’s website. :frowning:

The issue is that Conan moved away from using Steam, therefore you must update your port forwards. If you’re on a hosted server, by default ports for 27015 is usually automatically opened but nothing else. Especially with OVH, I had to go into my control panel and manually open ports 7777 and 7778. This corrected the 9999 ping issue and my players are now able to connect. This is due to the latest patch.

1 Like

IceWarden Youre a god. Thank you for this. I checked my ports were still open before but I didnt check it was assigned to the correct local ip since it changed so double checked that and voila. Confirmed this fix works

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.