Playing with brother overseas

Me and my brothers got this game to play this it together over a month ago. 2 of us live in the UK and one in Taiwan. We decided to play on a EU official pve server. But the brother in Taiwan cannot access it because the ping is too high, even if he has a 1gbps connection. With such good connection, it should be fine, but apparently the Asian servers are routed through the USA.
Is there any solution that would allow him to join us? (VPN and similar things do not work)

Thank you.

1 Like

Change to an USA server to see if the ping isn’t too high for both you, in the UK, and him, in Taiwan.

Welcome to the comunity. Well i think that your problem won’t last long, all you have to do is go to the bug section and take the steps to report your issue. However @Narelle, do you have any advice for our friend here?.

It has been reported that at the moment, direct connect bypasses the restrictions. However, as this is likely going to be fixed once Funcom resolves the remaining high ping issues, you should look for some long term solution instead:

• find an official server with good ping range for all of you
  • play on the offiicials that are marked with “no ping”
  • use vpn
  • find a private server with no ping and region locks.
  • host or rent a private server youself
  • play co-op (last resort)
1 Like

Yeah this is a very frustrating setting which I have encountered ever since I started playing Conan, being in south africa EU servers are the closest ones to me, and in any other game I sit between 150 - 200 ping on EU and that hardly impacts my play experience at all. However despite my ping at times literally being 10 ms higher than the restriction I cant play on EU official. There is a tiny handful of No ping restricted official servers so you may have luck there.

Unless this restriction is lifted or atleast just increased to a realistic level then I suggest try unnofficials. The restriction is a bit ridiculous and there isn’t much way around it so either try official No Ping server or try unofficial. Chances are you will get better admin support on unofficial anyway seeing as officials arent even properly moderated by Funcom and cheating is rampant on them from what I have seen.

1 Like

There are official servers with no ping requirements, play there.

1 Like

We will try that and see how it goes. I was not aware of no ping official servers.
Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.