Please - How to make starmetal and obsidian ingot?

Please, I’m new and I haven’t found it anywhere:
How to make starmetal and obsidian ingot?

1 Like

Star metal: 2 x star metal ore; 1 brimstone; 1 black ice in a furnace. Star metal is found in meteorites that land between the Mounds of the Dead and Frost Temple - black ice is found in the same area.

Obsidian: 10 x obsidian and 1 steel bar in the forge at the Well of Skelos. Obsidian can be found in the volcano.

5 Likes

Star metal can be obtained by mining meteors that land all over the snowy area 12-13 D-E on your map grid. If you set your graphics settings- effects quality and view distance to the max you can spot these meteors easier by the black smoke the emanate. After you get the ores, place them into a furnace with black ice and brimstone to get the bars.
For obsidian, go to the volcano area and mine obsidian ores. After you get the ores, you need to go to the volcano inner area through a teleport and reach the forge there, where you place the obsidian ores with steel bars and turn them into composite bars.

5 Likes

Also you need explosives I recommend arrow explosions to open star metal meteorite and also note the star metal will only fall if your in the area so you may have to sit and wait a bit

Ps sit above where the outcast camp and bring building pieces lots for me fall up there and in order to mine it you can not be climbing so place building right below it to get
To it to
Mine but don’t blow your self up Use arrows from distance the go up and get it

3 Likes

Are you playing online or SP? There are some troubles getting meteor shower in SP.

2 Likes

You don’t need to be in the area to have the meteors spawn. I recently farmed some star metal and all i did was teleport to the snowy area and find at least 6 meteor lying around.

1 Like

I play single player but in online if someone else was in the area it would trigger the timer but that’s what online players have to do sp have to sit and wait a while but it just depends

3 Likes

@KubiSS71 In a nutshell, since only the immediate area around the player exists in Singleplayer mode, star metal won’t fall unless you’re in the frozen area. Like @Gloatingtomb6 said, a good place to wait is the outcast camp or on the plateau just above him. You might have to wait more than an hour, but the meteors will fall eventually. I didn’t see anyone else mention it yet, but to use the obsidian, you will also need to learn the recipes. They can only be learned by reading the stone tablet behind the boss in Well of Skelos.

3 Likes

For more information, see Star Metal Bar and Obsidian on the wiki.
You can also use the search feature in the top right for anything else.

2 Likes

Also you can use grease orbs on the meteors followed by demon-fire orbs to crack them opened. This is a cheaper alternative to explosive arrows.

2 Likes

I can get 100% crack by each orb, so the arrows are just OP. :upside_down_face:

Only bad thing about the arrows is they don’t unlock til level 49(?), but then again, most everything star metal doesn’t unlock til level 55 or 60.

1 Like

Explosive arrows are not too expensive to make for mining star metal, especiall usefule on PVP raid servers. 1 dragon powder gives you 10 arrows. If not bugged, that is 10 star metal meteors, and the crack is instant vs the burn wait of orbing. Plus, the arrows are also useful for raiding anti-climb walls, but the demon orbs and grease are pretty much nerfed out of raiding.

Also if the star metal falls on a cliff the orbs can’t reach well so it’s good to have them as you can shoot at long distances and all you have to do is place building and mine

1 Like

does not need the grease orb anymore
one single demon fire orb will crack the shell unless its bugged

used to work like this , but not anymore…
Also a nice tip when using orbs is to always remember that orbs have 2 ways of being thrown.
with left click the orbs bounces once and then sticks to wherever it lands before it explodes
with right click throw the orb will detonate upon impact
u can use this trick (right click) to blow meteor nodes u stand on (like some that r stuck on mountainsides).
Arrows r far more reliable as the right click (powerattack) makes arrow fly in strainght line , making it way easier to aim

1 Like

Something to keep in mind if you’re doing this from horseback is that the aim is currently misaligned on the power shot. Line up the shot while not zoomed in, and ignore where the cursor is pointed after it zooms in.

The bugged meteors are so annoying. I never fire more than 3 arrows at a single meteor, and if I know my aim was good, I only shoot once.

I have found if you aim lower than what is “normal” on the bugged ones, it works. I think the hit box gets bugged for the meteor into the mesh.

1 Like

I’ll have to try that next time I have the arrows to spare. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.