[POLL] Oficial Servers Need Schedule Wipe? - please vote again ;)

Sorry but I’m a 40 year old player playing on the same server since more than an year… what other responce can you expect from me to this honestly ? :laughing::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::hugs:

To whom it may concern, we just said f*** it and launched our own server, that mirrors an official. Here’s the info. Thanks

Hello all,
We have just launched a new server today (8-2-19) with official rates and settings. There will be no admin or gm clans or bases to raid, no event/admin/gm shops. No admin presence and with that being said; no admin abuse. We used the admin panel one time to see how it was possible for the ADMINs to do what they did to us on the last server and that was it. There is no donations, or P2W (pay to win) There are no community structures or anything like that. It would be as if FUNCOM launched a new server today.

Currently we have 6 players but we are happy to add more slots as the community grows.

If you’re interested, hurry up and join today and find your safe spot along the river !

Servername : PS4 Official Settings FRESH 8/2/19

A discord server will be launched but not required for to join. It will be an optional platform to use to get to know your community and make suggestions. We will also have the small list of rules posted there. Common sense rules, such as

No walling of resources
No walling of bosses
No walling of Paths/walkways
No excessive land claiming
(Exp. laying altars every 5 feet for miles)

Have some servers with scheduled wipe, leave some servers alone

1 Like

This is the most true statement i have ever seen.

2 Likes

Everything you described here is the same wipe or no wipe.
Re-Play value? how many Fia’s do you need?
Leveling not so fast? TBH, that is the best replay value, as you can try different ways, or do the meta version and be level 60 in under 10 hours, if not faster. Also, many have statd that leveling and recipes would be untouched. Just clear the server of every build, and have a savage rush for land.
No Real Skill Trees? that exist wipe or no wipe.

In reality, now that the game has been out for over a year on all platforms, it would be interesting to see how wars play out with people that have learned the game. the early birds lose the materials advantage, so to see which alphas really know how to fight a war, vs just out resourcing in one would be actually fun. And i really am only talking about wiping PVP officials. PVE is a different beast. More social community. PVP should be more about have balanced playing fields as much as possible. And someon with 20 vaults hidden all over wiping a clan that logged in 3 days only, is what is killing those servers.

1 Like

Rather than a wipe I’d be more in favor of limits on thrall numbers (like Ark tame limits but not as sucky), and remove that stupid build refresh that makes clans build the giant spiderweb of foundations so they can refresh their cancer bases in 10 seconds. If you want to build all over the map and spam your BS vaults, then run your dumbass all over the map to refresh it. And make thralls/pets decay as well instead of just perma-floating.

Since they have refused to moderate or admin their servers on a regular basis, get a team together and say they are going to spend one week or one month cleaning servers up. Not perfect, but better than wiping everyone’s work, for solo players that would be godawful (IMO).

Not just that but the ability for admins to destroy all of a player/clans assets via a special admin command.

Being able to completely remove all of an individual or groups assets would help admins so much.

Especially when you have undermesh, overbuilding, duping problems, etc. etc.

I support wipes but psuedo-wipes such as what I mentioned above would be good to have in certain situations.

Just implement a limit on land claiming, increase building decay timers, and make players actually have to go to each base to refresh timers. Some of these “alpha” clans are ridiculous, there’s no reason for players to blue screen when they walk within eye sight of a mega cancer base

I think he is talking about officials, and an option for privates. Defaulted to off.

IF Funcom deemed it necessary to insure fun, then in theory they could limit on officials.

But instead of limiting, how about the more you build the faster decay timer goes. A setting for officials be more aggressive. Default to off for SP and privates can turn on if they wanted to. 4 setting, off, slow, moderate, and fast decay based on amount claimed area. so if you want the super spider web, then it will make your decay rate obscenely fast. If you build “legit” and don’t super thread them, then each base will be reasonable decay rate.

3 Likes

Yeah I started on one but lucky for me, the server was closed on my second day so I didn’t waste much time there. That’s when I put the grind to an official server since, other than the sporadic server blackouts, I don’t have to worry about not being able to log on. As far as pvp servers, I never joined one because I figured it was a guarantee to have my base destroyed.

Make servers for that, if they wipe the current officials the few remaining player base will get fewer even more.

1 Like

I am in favor for the wipe. Or if the wipe is out of the questions at least add new official servers. This should have been done (imo) when the PS4 version went free to download for the month. At any rate it’s why I decided to launch an official rate server. We would love to have you guys.

See this link for more info !!!

2 Likes

Players will complain, cry and threaten to stop playing, but in the end most of them will resume playing with new players who start playing. Creating new servers will require maintenance costs for the company, Conan does not collect monthly values from its players, and the company needs to bear server costs only on sales figures, so when people play little the game sells little and so company collects little which results in fewer servers. The best way is to try to increase the game audience, renew current players and attract new ones by ensuring more competitive and less monotonous servers, following in the footsteps of competitors.

Waiting for the “git gud” comments from the cheaters… I mean “alphas” lol

Players will only comeback if they see an improvement in the game, and by improvement I mean no undermeshing, no dupps, no more game breaking glitches. People are tired, I know several people who started playing back in EA, stop playing, come back on Launch, stop 1 week later, some took more longer, and some others, not even updates bring them back because glitches and hacks are still around.

So as Zerog said,

Wipes will have zero effect, because those players will continue to dupping, undersmeshing and hack in any way they can. And FC can always turn those empty servers seasoned ones that has wipes, no need to erase everyone’s progression just because some players cry about having no chance.

4 Likes

Everyone?
I change servers after a month of playing cus it gets boring when u have everything.

1 Like

The team is working on correcting duplicate items.
https://forums.funcom.com/t/psa-avatar-summoning-temporarily-disabled-on-official-servers/82322
Conan needs new players who buy the game and generate revenue for ■■■■■■ to be able to revert to the game itself.

Ok, speaking seriously if they’ll decide to do it I hope for them new players after more than we are now, because if they’ll wipe I’ll be out forever and I’ll ask refound because one of the reason I bought the game and all DLC was no wiping as they stated more and more times and I don’t think I’ll be the only one from pve and pve-c players abandoning the game.

Wiping a person’s character will just give the cheaters and exploiters MORE of an advantage. A real player will take a long time to get back to level 60. An exploiter will be back to level 60 in a few hours.

2 Likes

How is killing enemies and running the circle of spawn timers exploiting? If you choose to run the map the old fashioned way, that does not make another players technique exploiting. Or are you, a PVE player, suggesting a nerf of XP gained for killing NPC’s?