[POLL] Oficial Servers Need Schedule Wipe? - please vote again ;)

Except that’s not how they do it. The old method, for example, was building something that required dragon powder, which is expensive to make, placing it, dismantling it, getting back your dragon powder (or was it the explosive?), then simply making and placing another.

Because each time they made it, they received a massing amount of XP, they could quickly boost themselves to max level.

There was another now-patched method that let you cheese a fishman enemy with bleed, be completely safe, and it gave you enough xp to jump two entire levels even when you were in 50s.

Those are the exploits I am talking about, and those are only the ones they patched. They would let someone be level 60 in a few hours, while a legit player would take much, much longer. That says nothing of the ones still being used.

Right, because the game didnt sell well back in EA and Launch. Even so, DLC’s provide inc money. And if the game continues in this slow motion state on improvements, new players will be only tourists, they come play a bit but dont take long for the glitches/bugs scare them away.

1 Like

Under the purchase agreement you can only request a refund within hours of purchase.

In my opinion Conan should charge a monthly fee to play on official servers. So you could invest in a larger team to work on the game and revert to faster improvements and fixes, as well as ensuring a longer game life.

1 Like

A bit aggressive, but it’s your point of view so unlike you I won’t offend :wink:

I guess that is a valid option.
But personally if that would happen I would insist on 24/7 admin presence to counter griefing and exploiting that have been the core of this thread.
So yes, there would be money to expend the team, but much of that new team would be admins on official server.

Not trying to counter you, but if I pay extra, I also expect extra service.

2 Likes

Or a separate gamemode entirely like Sea of Thieves has the Arena mode (A pvp purpose mode) that you can join. This also lets private servers for the purpose of arenas only being made with modded parts to the fighting and all

Yanno, I actually considered that but I wouldn’t want to pull people away from the main content. This way you still have people populating the worlds instead of just logging in to join arena from the main menu thus separating the player base even more.

It would not need an ubiquitous presence, but the existence of an administrator and a players’ communication tool to send reports and these must be met and validated by an administrator. Like in WoW where you submit a report during the game and after a while you get a response and there was a time when an administrator came in person to see what was happening to me. However at Conan the team is small and can not keep up with what happens on all servers and can only work on the most serious fixes as fast as they can.

1 Like

Nothing in that was someone doing a non mechanic. So they nerfed the xp of certain kills and crafting, which makes it more difficult for players to join servers full of level 60’s…

I could say the same thing you said about Sword of Crom, Life and Life Blood Spear. One would take damage, pop out the LBS for 2-3 seconds, get full health, then go back venom infused daggers to stack bleed and poison not worrying about damage taken druing the combo, and repeat. They were “exploiting” the spear as a heal only. And Sword of Crom original specs on thrall vs Boss = exploit for easy high end boss loot. Easy to say exploit if it is not your style.

Since you are leaving the game and uninstalling, it is moot to have discussions of future balance. You have a right to your opinion. But it is meaningless to me, as i will be playing thru until i either get bored, or they shuttered all officials when the pop is 10 people per official server, and will have a vested interest day to day.

1 Like

I completely agree with you, yet to administer the huge array of official servers it would take several people full time job to react even “after a while”

Yet It would be interresting to see, how many people would be prepared to pay an additional monthly fee after they purchased the game… that previously provided free online experience.

Exploits literally means exploiting an unintended function of a legitimate mechanic.

Ad hominem

What bothers me is how items like that get into the game. Not that I exploit but when I see something like that or anything for that matter, I can’t help but immediately think of all the cheap ways to use them.

1 Like

I agree, it becomes another level of support experience, although, there are other ways too, ArenaNet does really good on GW2 without a montly fee, actually, their support and quality is astonishing good.

Wow Classic is comming next month, most of my friends and me included comming back, and I’ll gladly pay the subscription because this model work wonders.

Especially Rust and to some extend Ark have the fist mover advantages and therefore they have more players to begin with. Second of all Ark for example has a ton more options and is more advanced then Conan. Rust is partly a shooter which makes it easy to balance pvp and make it even more dynamic with all the possible (and valid) weapons.

Besides Ark also looks like Conan and I cant remember that they have regular wipes like Rust has.

Hey everyone , I read all the comments and I understand both sides has some valid points !

sorry if the following is quite a long post :sweat_smile:

To put in context what I am about to say , I play on an official eu PVE-C server and started 5 months ago and due to some gap between 2 jobs I had some free time to invest . and boy have I invested time in the game , some new players even though I was an admin at one point :rofl::joy:

In the time of those 5 months I’ve seen a lot of different case scenario that was described in the comments :

• we have a solo player that has build a base near the elephant cubs area (savanah) which has a path leading to his east of NA (new asagarth ) base that also has a path leading to his vulcano base … so he can refresh the 3 by just connecting 2 seconds since they all are linked (fortunatly though his bases doesn’t contain much placeables so there is no lag issue or fps lost )
  • we also have a player that has been sneak attacked during the pvp time while he was farming mats , he was a kind guy , after the sneak attack though he started filling the front of NA with a sandstone fundation maze ( mostly ugly , not so blocking ) and now connects every now and then for 4 sec to reboot timmers …
  • most recently we got a troll who’s only motivation is to kite bosses to outside wall thralls in chain to kill and loot the thralls of others , built on top of the boss koopa island north of sepemeru ( a sandstone monstruosity ) blocking the boss spawn , he also sneak attack low lvl players and others when they come back from farming

this kind of behaviour would be punished if I was on a PVP server , since the bases can be destroyed by other players .
Since we are on a PVE-C server , god tokens duping isn’t really an issue cause they are quite useless on those types of servers , like people here use them just for the thrill of controlling a huge thing in the exiles land , and in the process kill a world boss , and so there is no real benefit of farming 500 zeal and losing your archprierst and altar as there is in pvp where you can literaly destroy an oponent base with a god !

Also our community is 90% of great people ready to help new commers by answering all their questions gifting some pets and helping them through rough purges .

speaking of new commers , most of our new commers are people that come from pvp servers where their base was constantly destroyed since they started not so long ago playing .
Most of the people playing on PVE-C servers want the security of their base and still having some pvp action and this is why we have an (un)official pvp arena built .

Personnaly I have now invested 2000+ hours in the game , and I can be considered as an alpha clan on my own ( I have 3 clanmates but they play a lot fewer than I do )

with those 2000+ hours I have discovered the map , the bosses , the flying rhinos , the bugs , the purge destroying my 1st base entirely cause I didn’t knew what it was at the time , I have fought and tame a lot of npc and pets , and of course I built myself a cozy base with the ressources I spent time to gather to do so, and it’s still unfinished ( meaning there is roofs to be done and a set altar to place )

but to the people who call other hoarders , this game is a sandbox , it is made for everyone to make their own experience , in my case having one of each named in their respective outfits feels like something i want to do , it take a very long time to do so , since you have to go through the hole map , and after , wait for those purge only thralls. (and the wait is long)

another point is the annimal tamming system , to get some greater pets you have to create a lot of unwanted non greater pets in the process , in my case those unwanted I gift them to newcommers .

I don’t understand those comments on immortal thralls , I’ve seen a lot of base decay in my time of playing , and the thralls disappear also , just takes a week more than the bases ( unless of course the clan is still active , but then I think there should be the same system of having to go near them to reset timmers )

I understand though that all I said is mainly influenced by me playing on PVE-C server and that PVP servers has some issues with duping and other exploits.
(Personnaly I only experienced those things unwillingly as I was lvling and learning the game, and never used them .)

But I think server wipe would be a bad thing for 2 main reasons :

• first of all people like me who plays the game extensively and spend a huge load of time will always have an advantage on more casual clans, players . So the game wont be “fair” after a few days again, cause with the knowledge acquired by an extensive amount of hours played , all the mistakes that were made would not be repeated.
  • second , as it was said , since the exploits are still for some active , then the wipes would certainly profit the people using exploits to lvl faster than others or dupe their items ect … so the solution of the problem would just make it bigger in my opinion.

at last if there was a wipe , It would just feel like if wasted 2000+ hours of my life and that feeling would not make me want to continue playing , I spent hours creating something I like , it’s a large size but not blocking or making your frames go down , now I just add to it the new stuff comming in updates like those black yetis and my pirate ship crew has some new armors

here are some screens that shows my time investment that would be lost if so ( a part of it )

3 Likes

The focus of my poll is on PvP servers.

Well sorry if I misunderstood that the focus is on PVP since the tittle just says does “official servers” need schedule wipe It feels like it was including PVE and PVE-C servers too

1 Like

Official PvP servers need to be wiped. On many popular official servers you spend the time to build your base, collect resources and play like an honest player. Only to be Godded down by unlimited God tokens. Or unlimited explosives. And to make matters worse the same players completely block off certain resources with their unlimited foundations. So you are left with sticks and stones. On official server 1945 (PVP) we have delt with major alpha clans completely blocking off Shattered Springs and the volcano. We did have one Administrator get on and clear the foundations. But only for them to be placed back the very next day by the people who duped the foundations in the first place. There was no ban administered. And to make matters worse, the people doing this are trying to sell new players resources for real life cash. These Servers are dieing because nothing has been done for months to honestly fix the issues at hand. Fix the Exploits and cheats and then wipe all official pvp servers so everyone has a fair fresh start. and people will want to play again.

2 Likes

The new population revamp for basically all the caves, the summoning place, Sepermeru before that…NONE of that is endgame. They have invested plenty of resources into non-endgame content. Frankly more than other games I’ve played in the past. They generally went with the “newer more shiny, better than the last area and never need to go back there again” approach. Which is an awful waste of all the work everyone blew through already trying to get to the newest endgame content (WoW prime example). I think CE is doing a better job of utilizing the entire map and keeping it surprisingly fresh BRAVO!

3 Likes