[POLL] Oficial Servers Need Schedule Wipe? - please vote again ;)

Maybe so, but CE was never much bigger than it was during those first frantic weeks of EA. It was certainly not a slow-growing sleeper hit like you sometimes see. So I do think what happened then is valuable information.

I would support a wipe if they could provide 100% confidence that they have completely, and thoroughly, sealed up the mesh. With no chance of regression.

Which will probably never happen. It’s by definition always a “best effort” kinda situation, they plug the holes, then people find new ones.

1 Like

that’s it, just the mesh? how will that help with the 20 duped hidden god coins that instantly showed up at the edge of your landclaim?

3 Likes

If they don’t correct duping (which I didn’t mention), and the mesh access, then a global server wipe would be a wasted effort.

3 Likes

1.) undermeshing
2.) duping
3.) stat glitching
4.) other building glitches (spaceships are coming to conan)
5.) hidden god coins with no decay

that’s the short list for me to say ok on wipes

6 Likes

The day this is done on my official server will be the last day I and a lot of others ever play a FUncom game.

This is not how MMOs are played. Look at WoW, how many server wipes have they had in oh 18 years.

A better use of Devs time would be to figure out how to clean the server withOUT wiping.

So far they have failed well. The decay system makes us slaves to their game.

Thralls are a joke. Even after the player that owned them are long gone. They remain.
There is where the effort needs to be.

When abandonment is achieved, then players should be able to tear down the structures, and bonk or kill the thralls.

Too simple

A slave to the servers decay system, with people calling for a wipe.

There is this feeling of a sword hanging on a thin thread over one’s head, like the knowledge that EA will shut down SWTOR if it even ever so slightly “underperforms”, despite making profit.

At what point does a product lose long term motivation? How many people are willing to invest time they know will be but a waste?
Anyone who has camped Grrr Legbiter for 4 days straight will have a different perspective on wipes than someone who just started, but sees naught but an overdeveloped world of wasteful space management.

The Damocles Sword of Software, eh?

1 Like

I have almost 2000 hours of Conan, I have accumulated resources on at least 7 official servers and after that time playing I came to the conclusion that wipe would be a good way to organize the servers. Even if the game does not make continuous wipes, one day the official servers will be closed and those 4 days waiting for an NPC will also be lost. What I see the most about Conan are compulsive accumulators hahaha players who make safes of materials they don’t use and will never use and after a few weeks playing, they get AFK and come in once a week to save the loot, or go around the map. and get some more of that stuff you don’t need.

3 Likes

This isn’t a valid point in the slightest. Who would play a server that’s wiped after 60 days ? Nobody. Who said 60 days ? You did ?

It was just a simple poll question. Do they need wiped. The answer is yes they do.

Playing on private servers suck, admin abuse should have a victims month, and Alpha clans make it ridiculously hard for new players. Wipe once every 365…not 60.

If my stuff gets wiped, I will never play the game again. I see no re-play value in it and lvling + gathering resources on offical is not so fast, as with private boosted server. Also nothing changes… You have no real skill-trees, so that lvling would be different.

@Neron according to some other user, there were already servers which got periodically wiped -> no one played them and FC turned them off. But it was only in the EA-phase…

Maybe its different now, but I would never play on a server where everything gets wiped in ■■■ days. Thats also the reason I will never change the server… I have no reason todo so. I play as long as new things come and I havent reached all my goals.

I played Diablo2 and Diablo3 really long, but stopped after the 10th season, because there was no new content. And with seaons/ladder the majority only played in that mode, so you were kinda forced to it. But I have no fun, lvling the same way again (because nothing is different) or grind for the same stuff again and again and again, just because its a new season/new server.

FC could try such season servers again and the players can decide…

Only things wipes/season do: Forced reset, so you have the feeling to accomplish things (lvling, grinding resources) compared to Endgame where you have everything and have done everything…

2 months is relatively long and gives your a considerable amount of time to accomplish things, though I’d prefer monthly wipes myself.

When I used to play on a private server we had monthly wipes and it kept the gameplay pretty fresh. Not to mention it prevented anyone from becoming too powerful.

A prime example of how well it works though is in the game RUST. We have 400 Man servers that go Full often and each and every single one of them is fine with a weekly wipe. Not that we need a weekly wipe but wipes are healthy for the type of game these are.

1 Like

I fully agree. I believe for PvP the ideal time would be 3 months, so we would have 4 seasons a year, with wipes interspersed between servers, so every month we would have the option to start on a new server.
For PvE servers the time could be between 6 months to 1 year, just to purify the server from super builds and allow a fresh start for the server.
For those who want eternal content the right thing would be single player mode or starting a dedicated server on their own machine.

1 Like

Two months isn’t a lot of time if you work and have a family. I’ve been playing for 9 months on a single official server and have yet to do everything there is in the game. Getting there but not there yet. I can’t afford time wise to play every day and because of the decay some weeks I just log in to keep my stuff but it doesn’t mean that I’m a troll. In fact, I’m amazed sometimes at what newcomers can build in such short time but the landscape is constantly changing, huge cities disappear and then other cities appear as people come and leave the server. Truth is I’m actually sad some very impressive buildings have disappeared due to their builders not returning.

2 Likes

You probably play on PvE server, I believe the two months is for PvP servers. I even answered a little above that for PvE servers the wipe could be between six months to a year.

Have you considered playing on servers with faster progression speeds? You can increase/speed up everything from XP gain to harvesting gains to crafting speeds, etc. etc.

If time is a problem then a server like so might work with your schedule better.

that’s the reason for waip
https ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_wAX7ZRHyo&t=7s

1 Like

Woof woof, grrrrrrrrrrrrr :wolf:

2 Likes

hahahaha :smile:

1 Like