Potentional FIX for players with stuttering/freezing and FPS drops. Maybe

So… Connect to server (official/community, doesnt matter), go to your Video - Settings and TURN ON “LOW END LAPTOP MODE”… Game looks like a potato i know - BUT! If u switch to “Window” mode and BACK TO “Fullscreen” mode, it looks like before (without laptop mode) and game is running very good… No lags, stuttering, fps drops, better rendering. My question is… Why is game running better with this “bug” if it looks like without laptop mode ? Its same graphic (if u play on low with Medium Post Processing and Antialising 2x), only foliage is not loaded on long distance like always but game still looks very good. BTW: this is good for players with low fps and who get a problem with drops and stuttering

2 Likes

This screenshot is without laptop mode, low settings, Post Processing MEDIUM and Antialising 2x

This screenshot is with laptop mode. All settings disabled by mode, swtich from window mode to fullscreen for normal view… It looks same only high brightness WithLaptopMode

its not just brightering, it removes some of filters, change saturation etc

filters work like enb, yes game looks nice but rape yout cpu/gpu escapealy at notebook, by removing it u get performance, btw that laptop mod u get in game_

interesting thing is laptop should save energy by reducing brightnes…

Good observations, I’ll have to check this out. It’s similar to something some people saw during EA, and reported on the Steam Boards. It’s similar to something I tried to troubleshoot back then once or twice. When you say no lag or stuttering or frame drops, I’d like very much to narrow this down.

If you switch from Low-End Laptop Mode to any other Non-Low-End Mode the game warns you some items will be disabled and not restored until the game is restarted. In my experience, sometimes switching between the two modes (full screen and windowed) restores “last best” state, thereby occasionally triggering visually, and performance-wise, better settings.

The key is to find which setting “Low End” is disabling and focusing on that, because it would be a boon to a lot of players as a workaround. :slight_smile: Would you remind me of your graphics rig? It’s a 1070 if I’m not mistaken?

I am playing with GTX 1080 Ti currently. I make this post for players with problems. I seen lot of reports in last days with stuttering, fps drops, freezing and other and this really can help to players with bad PC but too with good PC but ofcourse, you need to play with low settings. I make a test with GPU in game, MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti. MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB and my GTX 1080 ti. Performance of GPU is falling down with no reason, currently i am not laging and cant see big FPS drops but something in game is not working corectly. Rendering is bad, maybe foliage, maybe rocks i dont know whats the core of this problem. I am not developer i really dont know how its hard to make game but i think, these problems are Number 1 and must be fixed soon cuz players can play with few bugs but not if game is not playable, just my opinion

Everything you post helps everybody in listening distance try and figure it out, so thanks! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks, feel good now :slight_smile:

If u want, look for youtuber Panjino. He just make a config for Conan Exiles for players with low FPS. This config is not helping i think but one very interesting thing. He somehow remake textures of foliage and floor outside. Its not so much detail so probably its not rendering and game performance should be better

1 Like

Thanks for reporting your findings.
Can anyone else confirm following these steps improves their performance issues?

2 Likes

I understand what you wrote but how you can see it does not work as you would expect… This morning i installed game to really bad PC… Setup is AMD Athlon II X4 620, DDR2 8GB RAM 800MHz and MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB (minimal bottleneck, like 10% for GPU) and SAMSUNG HDD 300GB. Game is not running bad… 40-50FPS low settings with Post Processing MEDIUM and Antialising 2x. Big lags if u try to set up Texture Quality to Medium and Foliage to Medium. I just spawn in my base, always it take like 5min to load everything because its not small base ofcourse. Inside my base it was with this PC 19.-20FPS MAX! With LAPTOPMODE i had 35-40FPS. So yeah, something in laptop mode is helping a lot and yes, no stutter, freezing, fps drops and game is smoother (Resolution 1680x1050 16:10 monitor)

maybe there is something wrong with nvidia patches, or windows, at least i saw a lot of pepole experience a many crashes, lags etc. i know u dont have exactly that issue but each system works differently, how long u have this problems? many reports appeard around week or two back, but live version is here much longer

its maybe just game wasnt redy for some system changes outside game, newer drivers,system, open gl or watever else

i dont have problems with game but so many players yes. i think its not problem if it help to reduce lag and increase FPS. Yes, nvidia drivers are bad every update, windows too. Game is crashing long time its normal, its problem with RAM memory, something cant be written so game just crash. Laptop mode reduce lot of lags but i still dont know why. If they make LOW settings in Conan like this laptop mode but with good brightness, this game should be playbale for everyone

This screenshot is normal LOW SETTINGS in game with Post Processing MEDIUM and Antialising 2x

This screenshot is LOW SETTINGS with edited DefaultScalability file in config low%20edited

Game is so much smooth, i cant see any stutter next to the rocks, fps drops and game is not freezing or crashing currently. Shader level is very low on this screen as you can see, shadow quality “0” (this option is not working in game morethrough the console). Armor have minimum details too but as i said, its running perfectly

2 Likes

DefaultScalability FILE (settings for second screenshot)

[AntiAliasingQuality@0]
r.PostProcessAAQuality=0
r.MSAA.CompositingSampleCount=0

[AntiAliasingQuality@1]
r.PostProcessAAQuality=0

[AntiAliasingQuality@2]
r.PostProcessAAQuality=0

[AntiAliasingQuality@3]
r.PostProcessAAQuality=0

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ViewDistanceQuality@0]
r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=0
r.ViewDistanceScale=0.2

[ViewDistanceQuality@1]
r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=0
r.ViewDistanceScale=0.4

[ViewDistanceQuality@2]
r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=0
r.ViewDistanceScale=0.6

[ViewDistanceQuality@3]
r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=0
r.ViewDistanceScale=0.8

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ShadowQuality@0]
r.LightFunctionQuality=0
r.ShadowQuality=0
r.ShadowQuality=0
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=1
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=128
r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=0.01
r.Shadow.DistanceScale=0.0
r.Shadow.CSM.TransitionScale=0.1
r.DistanceFieldShadowing=0
r.DistanceFieldAO=0
r.Shadow.CachedShadowsCastFromMovablePrimitives=0
r.Shadow.AdaptiveLODDistanceScale.Max=8

[ShadowQuality@1]
r.LightFunctionQuality=0
r.ShadowQuality=0
r.DistanceFieldAO=0

[ShadowQuality@2]
r.LightFunctionQuality=0
r.ShadowQuality=0
r.DistanceFieldAO=0

[ShadowQuality@3]
r.LightFunctionQuality=0
r.ShadowQuality=0
r.DistanceFieldAO=0

[PostProcessQuality@0]
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionMipLevelFactor=1.0
r.AmbientOcclusionMaxQuality=0
; Possibly obsolete setting; check this
; Should disable SSAO for Xbox One
r.AmbientOcclusionSampleSetQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=1.2
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.RenderTargetPoolMin=150
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
r.BloomQuality=0
r.FastBlurThreshold=0
r.Upscale.Quality=1
r.TonemapperQuality=0
r.LightShaftQuality=0
r.Filter.SizeScale=0.3

[PostProcessQuality@1]
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionMipLevelFactor=1.0
r.AmbientOcclusionMaxQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=-1
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=1.2
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.RenderTargetPoolMin=175
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
r.BloomQuality=0
r.FastBlurThreshold=1
r.Upscale.Quality=1
r.TonemapperQuality=0
r.LightShaftQuality=0
r.Filter.SizeScale=0.4

[PostProcessQuality@2]
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionMipLevelFactor=0.3
r.AmbientOcclusionMaxQuality=50
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=0.75
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=1
r.RenderTargetPoolMin=200
r.LensFlareQuality=1
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=1
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=1
r.BloomQuality=2
r.FastBlurThreshold=1
r.Upscale.Quality=1
r.TonemapperQuality=1
r.LightShaftQuality=1
r.Filter.SizeScale=0.4

[PostProcessQuality@3]
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionMipLevelFactor=0.2
r.AmbientOcclusionMaxQuality=50
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=0.5
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.RenderTargetPoolMin=200
r.LensFlareQuality=1
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=1
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=1
r.BloomQuality=2
r.FastBlurThreshold=50
r.Upscale.Quality=1
r.TonemapperQuality=1
r.LightShaftQuality=1
r.Filter.SizeScale=1

[TextureQuality@0]
r.Streaming.MipBias=1.25
r.MaxAnisotropy=0
r.Streaming.PoolSize=250

[TextureQuality@1]
r.Streaming.MipBias=1
r.MaxAnisotropy=1
r.Streaming.PoolSize=350

[TextureQuality@2]
r.Streaming.MipBias=0
r.MaxAnisotropy=2
r.Streaming.PoolSize=500

[TextureQuality@3]
r.Streaming.MipBias=0
r.MaxAnisotropy=4
r.Streaming.PoolSize=750

[EffectsQuality@0]
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=8
r.RefractionQuality=0
r.SSR.Quality=0
r.SceneColorFormat=3
r.DetailMode=0
r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=0
r.MaterialQualityLevel=0
r.SSS.Scale = 0
r.SSS.SampleSet=0
r.EmitterSpawnRateScale=0.75
r.FluidQuality=0

[EffectsQuality@1]
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=16
r.RefractionQuality=0
r.SSR.Quality=0
r.SceneColorFormat=3
r.DetailMode=0
r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=0
r.MaterialQualityLevel=1
r.SSS.Scale = 0.75
r.SSS.SampleSet=0
r.EmitterSpawnRateScale=0.25
r.FluidQuality=0

[EffectsQuality@2]
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=24
r.RefractionQuality=1
r.SSR.Quality=2
r.SceneColorFormat=3
r.DetailMode=1
r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=1
r.MaterialQualityLevel=1
r.SSS.Scale = 1
r.SSS.SampleSet=1
r.EmitterSpawnRateScale=0.5
r.FluidQuality=1

[EffectsQuality@3]
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=32
r.RefractionQuality=1
r.SSR.Quality=3
r.SceneColorFormat=4
r.DetailMode=1
r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=1
r.MaterialQualityLevel=1
r.SSS.Scale = 1
r.SSS.SampleSet=2
r.EmitterSpawnRateScale=1.0
r.FluidQuality=1

[GraniteTextureQuality@0]
r.GraniteSDK.GPUCacheSizeScale=1.0
r.GraniteSDK.CPUCacheSizeScale=1.0

[GraniteTextureQuality@1]
r.GraniteSDK.GPUCacheSizeScale=2.0
r.GraniteSDK.CPUCacheSizeScale=2.0

[GraniteTextureQuality@2]
r.GraniteSDK.GPUCacheSizeScale=4.0
r.GraniteSDK.CPUCacheSizeScale=3.0

[GraniteTextureQuality@3]
r.GraniteSDK.GPUCacheSizeScale=8.0
r.GraniteSDK.CPUCacheSizeScale=4.0

CS: Edited for readability.

3 Likes

I do not agrre with playing the game at low details. I spent 4k euro to have more then 60 fps on high details. I refuze to play a game on pc under 60 fps and lower then high details. If i want low detail and low fps i will buy a xbox or a ps.

6 Likes

If someone play Conan long time and like this game, he dont wont play with low settings, thats normal, for me too. But there is problem for so many players. FPS drops, stuttering, freezing and this settings are helping. In LOW settings and ULTRA is lot of shadows, very high Shader Level and Details. I didnt post this settings because you have to play with low settings like this. But if there is problem, and funcom just working on fix currently, for this time is better get some “amateur” fix you know. I am sorry if i offend you with low settings but complaining and spaming forum cant help fix this problems

3 Likes

I agree that you want help players so they’re still able to just play the game for the game. That’s fine.

But i don’t call that a fix, it’s more of a workaround that may work partially depending config.
While it may be helpfull for some players on a short time, the real cause, and fixing the performance isssues and bad stuttering most players experience since a while seems very important.

1 Like

Yes, as i said its for players with bad PC, not for everyone. Lot of this problems should be from low PC spec, slow RAM speed, Full HDD… But i test it yesterday all day on very bad PC and its working fine. More FPS, no lags

1 Like

Solution for few players until they fix that problems

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.