Huge lag spikes after 20 minutes of playing

Game mode: [Online Private]
Type of issue: [Performance]
Server type: [PVE]
Region: [EU]

Hello everyone! I started playing on a moded PVE server and the problem I got really frustrated and I don’t know how to solve it. After about 20min of playing the game really has a problem, FPS drops, the game freezes for about 1-2 seconds, it’s really unplayable … If it’s my PC, the temperatures are okay and overall there is nothing on my side that would cause this problem on purpose. I found a video on the forum where this problem was solved in 2018 but nowhere I found a solution, respectively, the correction of the problem came from the developers, because it was a game problem. Is there anyone who can advise me what to do? I tried everything …None of the server players has a similar problem to me, so I assume that this is not a server problem…

PC Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 1080 ti
16GB RAM DDR4 3200mhz
(game is not running on SSD, no space :D)

PS:
If I watch PC performance when the game starts to have such a problem, the performance of my GPU drops down, CPU performance jumps pretty high

Hey @fenix_svk

As general troubleshooting, could you try to update your drivers to their latest version?
Also, just in case, do you have a secondary integrated graphics card? Sometimes they’re known for trying to steal the focus and cause stability issues.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your reply! I don’t have an integrated GPU … If it’s a driver, I reinstalled the GPU driver yesterday and tried to use an older version too, the problem didn’t fix

Does setting laptop mode on and off in the graphical settings help with this issue?

1 Like

Yes it helps. I even found out the cause of those lag spikes. Textures that the player cannot see are changed to “unread textures”. 1-2 hours of gameplay are okay but once the rendering process repeats multiple times, the game starts to have a performance problem causing lag spikes and fps drops. I understand that this process when the textures are “subtracted” can be deliberately embedded in the base of the game with the assumptions that it will increase the performance of the game. I don’t know how this process is named in the game but in Rust it is called “Occlusion Culling”. If the player turns this setting on, the textures behind other textures that prevent the player from seeing them will disappear or smear (they have no detail or quality) This setting is optional in Rust but does not work correctly there. If something like that is found in Conan, it must be removed and fixed, this is probably the cause of all performance issues

Thanks for the confirmation. We’ve poked our team about this issue.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.