Private server owner here need help

Game mode:: Online private
Type of issue:: Bug | Misc
Server type: PvP
Region: : Japan

[When playing as a normal user, it is showing “Username hidden” for everyone else thats online on the playerlist. Yes there are mods on the server, and I have checked with each mod creator on their discords and none have had this issue neither have their users.]

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Log in
  2. view player list
  3. Username hidden

1 Like

I have seen this recently on ps4 servers as well and nobody i have asked seems to know what is happening

Wait, does it actually say ‘Username hidden’? Not owner is blank?

Yup actually says username hidden. I would upload the pic but it’s saying im too new.

Hi Aven,

I do recall going through some steps with you. Did you ever remove all the mods and reload them one by one or change load orders? Also to help you out, I had saved an image from that day of visiting your server. Since you can’t post an image yet maybe this will help. This is what I saw when logging into your server. Note that my name is edited out but it did show normally on my end, while the other names showed as Username hidden and no names at all in the character field.

Edit: You had Age of Conan installed when I took this screen shot.

Thank you for posting the screenie! Yeah it was pippi and age of calamitous at that time. The orders were changed but nothing was fixed. Maybe I should try again… hmm.

Hey there,

This is caused by a recent change introduced in the Wine Cellar patch.

Private server owners can change this setting by adding or modifying the following line in ServerSettings.ini:
VocalVisibilityDurationInMinutes=x
Where X is the duration in minutes a player will be listed in the player list after participating in chat. If you set that value below 1 minute, this feature will be disabled (this is the current setting in official servers at this moment subject to change in the future). Any value set to 1 or above will show the results reported.

2 Likes

You are most welcome Aven and looks like an answer from the Man above has arrived :smiley: Thank you Ignasis! We were surely puzzled by it. I do recall reading about those changes but did not expect the activity to show Username Hidden.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.