Proposition for land claim

Everything here is pure speculation, because Funcom clearly does not follow their own rules. I and many others were wiped without breaking a single rule from the Land Claim Abuse on Official Servers

This means no matter how many paper rules we come up with, and how well we follow them, no one is safe. Thinking Funcom will spend time to give details on every case and discuss it is delusional. It’s unmanageable.

The only and ONLY solution that will work is designing the actual game mechanics that will simply stop people from abusing the system. If you’ve ever worked on a product design, you’d know what I’m talking about. It’s the same as building inside of dungeons. The game simply doesn’t let you do that. Or maybe devs shouldn’t disallow it, create some documentation for dungeon use, and wait for reports to fly in? /S

You can’t have everything. You can’t have a freedom to build everywhere, anytime, as much as you’d like and hope everything will be nice and dandy. You can’t write more detailed rules and hope people will follow it. Nobody will go to the website, try to read through some documentation and remember it all. That’s simply a BAD GAME DESIGN (almost like designed by a strict developer, not experience designer…documentation for playing the game? What the actual hell?)

This entire idea about devs giving us better guidelines how to play the game is utter nonsense and massive fail in game design. It’s game designers job to create just enough freedom and restrictions within the game mechanics to keep the game fair and functional. This is what game design is. Not sending gamers a PDF book that they’ll have to print out and have it open while trying to play the game in fear of breaking rules that don’t exist in the game itself.

I’d gladly sacrifice some building freedom on official servers, than have a community that will slowly kill itself off. That’s what’s happening right now. Either abusers make people quit, or unjust staff action make people quit. And yes, such system can be designed and is not that hard. Other games did it. Conan already has basic foundation for it. It’s not THAT complicated. Again, documentation? Rules? What is this madness? Propose game mechanics that can be developed at manageable cost, and will not rely on users having to follow guidelines. That’s the only thing that will work.