PS4 Patch Notes (04.07.2018) - Exploits, Thralls, Decay Updates

Confirmed here But no Big Deal If u ask me i can live with that

1 Like

Definitely not going back to the PS4 until I know the save issue has been fixed. The loot change sounds annoying :\

2 Likes

Are you rocking 1st or 3rd person? I run 3rd except for placing items. I’m noticing being too close in 3rd person or body occlusion near the box is blocking quick loot but 1st person seems fine since your model is pushed behind your view. See if you notice the same maybe? I had to break for time with the GF so not been able to test on human NPCs yet.

I tried it earlier, in third person, even repositioned my character a few times, while trying to quick loot, same result, Didn’t try to go in first person though and try do that. I only use first person when placing really sensitive items, like on a table, or in really tight places, or to align stations/furniture.

Since I am not in game anymore now (family time), I will have to check that when I will get back in.

You guys really need to stop. Everytime you “fix something” more of my crap goes missing. I have at least two fighters missing now, plus pieces of my base are gone thanks to the ruin system and I have an archer gone thanks to the ruin system. Which makes literally zero sense because it’s my main, active base so why are things decaying? Last time you “fixed” something I was missing pieces of my base with no explanation and I was missing chests full of crap. So if you could stop that’d be great or I’ll just find something else to play since there really isn’t a point if you’re just going to keep nuking my things.

Also seeing if you shift your right shoulder when close to it in 3rd person, like when mining stone, seems to work better. Saves going into 1st person unless you are doing a lot of stacked chest work as a border or large clan. Still not made a galleon run.

Edit: None of that works for Tannery. Just staying to the side or behind the vats. 1st person not as consistent as I thought on boxes either. Too close and still not working. Really borked.

1 Like

Yep, was just about to post they broke ‘x’ for quick loot.

You know I get that they fixed quite a few things. But seriously what why and how does any of what’s fixed affect button assignments?

The buccaneer bay has too large of a “No build area” We live on one of the islands far away and it makes it a problem.

Certain locations allow you to place a foundation but doesn’t place and removes it from your inventory (often due to thrall camps)

Also a climb issue where at certain times would kick you off a wall even when you have plenty of stamina.

Probably incorrect placement of this rant, but since I just installed the update, I’m going to do it here, and risk punishment.

Bought this game a week ago. Worked fantastically, for the first 3 days. Began building a fair-sized fortress in a great location. Log in on the 4th day, and nothing works anymore. Building pieces will no longer snap, nor can they be manually placed, regardless of whether I click R3, or not. I have tried various workarounds, all to no avail. I have logged in, each day since, and nothing has changed.

Edit: Also having an issue with trees and bushes respawning inside the building, every half hour
another issue I was not having the first 3 days of play.

I expected this to be some sort of glitch that would be remedied with the update waiting in my notifications
but that did nothing beyond changing the opening screen art, that I can tell.

It might be important to mention that I am not actually “playing” the game. After about an hour of doing that when I first purchased it, and finding a location I liked
I opted for Offline Mode, using the Admin Panel and just spawning the materials I needed to build a fortress. Is it possible that this is causing the issue? Is there something I’m missing
like maybe an unpublished build limit? Should I just cut my losses and restart, and try playing the game as intended, instead of just building in Admin Mode?

2 Likes

@Vex you can no longer snap because you have lost ownership of the building, due to a bug. You can check it with a repair hammer, should say ‘‘no owner’’ instead of your name. AFAIK it’s not caused by admin mode, since multiple people including myself who didn’t use admin mode in the build have had it happen to them.

I had the no-owner bug happen to chests, furniture including light sources, crafting tables, structures, and even thralls (!) but only after the infamous CE-code bluescreen crashes. There is no way to assign ownership in the current admin commands, so you’re kind of boned. Even now, some time after I built a new base, there is still a dilapidated ownerless tower with a couple of leaderless thralls standing watch. The thralls are not hostile though, they run to meet you (probably would attack you if PVP was on) but can’t be interacted with.

3 Likes

Those red lines were most likely, damage indicators in achat log

Blockquote

1 Like

Just letting function know patch says 1.16 press option on game screen to check latest version, it’s up to date, check update notes says 1.12 as last one.
Just so you know.

1 Like

@vex agreeing with a previous reply to your question, admin mode is more than likely not the cause of your problems, but however several other things could be. For starters since you are playing offline, what is your building decay set to? Is it on to allow for decay or of? If on what is the settings set to?
Secondly, where are you building? Most recently devs have been implementing as system that will inhibit your ability to build in certain areas like npc base/ locations. It maybe that you simply built in an area that the devs now say isn’t build able. So check all this first as to what’s on or off and the settings it’s set to, and read all patch notes, maybe you missed something since then.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the reply. Disheartening news, but at least I’m no longer going crazy with not knowing. I appreciate the info.

Thank you for your reply, as well. It didn’t dawn on me that I might have built in a location that is no longer accessible for that purpose. I have all the decay turned off/set to lowest setting, so I don’t know if that has an effect or not, but you have shed further light on the issue, and I appreciate it.

2 Likes

The 4 the updates.

I’d like to add decay was turned off when it happened to me as well, and I was not near any non-buildable (point of interest) locations.

2 Likes

Same here. Lost ownership after weeks of building nowhere near restricted area and decay turned off. Found old reports of it from EA so it’s a bug been around for long time. It’s not ps4 specific issue but seems to be rare since release on other platforms. Or maybe under reported?

are map rooms in the same category I put mine across the river and now its gone ??

At least you guys can get into the game mine stops loading in “powered by” screen now I’m just sad I can’t even play one game I have