PS4 patch update

First. I can get behind the fact that the patch, being over 30 gigs, was pushed back.on by Sony. They’re notorious for being harder on smaller studios with game releases like CE had.
Second. Thank you for responding to the question. We all love having a dialog with the people who run the game we love. Further to that…30+ gig patch? Wow. I don’t care what anyone says. That’s progress the community has been waiting for. So thank you for the work. Please be sure that items and building won’t disappear when you guys patch over? That will hurt the game very badly for the remaining player base.
I don’t know if devs or mngmt read these, other than moderators, but I hope they do to some point.
People have been talking about dying game pop numbers. Pets system and paid for dlc are great and all…but you guys might have to step up an expansion. 3rd party that out if need be. Or sell controlling interest (51%) to a larger studio with the goal of making this thing on Ark and Fallout 76s level. The pace you guys are capable of isn’t going to be enough to fight off the deluge of players leaving once fallout 76 comes out. It’s just not. The gaming public knowing funcoms rep, given that CE fades to oblivion, won’t buy your games. Aps, switch or whatever. You’ll end up loosing people or selling intellectual property and closing shop. Writings on the wall guys. You need a serious change of strategy asap
With all that said, I love the game and hope that it becomes more…BC it’s very capable of that. You guys put a fun and pretty game together with very little time. Please get going though, bc you guys will even loose dedicated players like me once fo76 comes out. Unless there’s something done.
Good luck and thank you for the game!

4 Likes

Its funny, I mentioned that a certain upcoming bethesda title would spell the end of CE and my post was removed as advertising spam, within minutes. Never seen Funcom move so quick, If only their bug fixing was as speedy and efficient.

5 Likes

I’m the first one quite pissed about the bugs, but can we all stop the hate or move it to a different thread? I am interested in this patch. Hopefully it will solve issues. If this thread becomes a hate thread, I doubt they will reply to my questions above.

2 Likes

They already said “No definative ETA” And i would assume if a parity patch is being split that parity will not be achieved until the entire patch is downloaded. Btw trying to find a non-hate thread in these forums is like a stable version of this game, it dont exist.

4 Likes

I’ve been browsing this topic and read alot of different opinion, tastes and some nonsense either… One thing seems common though: everybody seems unsactisfated within CE due to bugs, crashes and all sort of issues. Whyle i can understand that a big ammount of trouble like those may take alot of time to be fixed and patched up, i also understand that it could have been patched out in small parts from time to time, instead Funcom chose to hold it and now is having trouble with its size… The way i see it seems like a strategy issue. Anyway, regardless size problems we are all waiting for a big fix in CE and we all need it: game must have more stability, stuff and building pieces should stop disapearing, things must work propperly as it should do, as it was supposed to do. I don’t know if Funcom will be able to solve all the problems but i hope they’ll do their best.
Right in time: i will not bet in Fallout76: Bethesda made a huge mistake with TES Online and they’ll not have me again. No way guys, sorry. I think this way: there is some good survival games incoming but i doubt well see any nudity around and for immersion i cannot imagine another feature that would be better. CE is a really good game even full of issues so imagine how will it be when free of those problems? So yes, i will be here for awhyle.

2 Likes

Where is the patch for PS4? Any update

Take your time funcom, 32gb is a big patch and i want play today :blush:

Thats a thing like 32 gb… well, i will arrive in my home at 18:30, 32gb = 2 hrs downloading… my base can be raided in that time by someone who are online since 12:00 with patch ready :scream:

I mean, we aren’t getting the patch today anyways, but you can always put your PS4 in rest mode when you are away so that it would be downloaded when you get home

I have this but is not downloading any update till i get online… but thanks for remember me about this option, i will investigate what’s going on.

yes it is fishy that’s why I didn’t get the DLC if they would of been honest with more communication still didn’t get why they put out the dlc before the patch not a smart business decision in my opinion

1 Like

can a developer plz tell me on pvp USA official server on how we can get a purge when people in our clan is not on?

1 Like

Alot of us already went through this with Ark,releasing two paid dlc while your game is still unstable and full of bugs and glitches is not a good way to build trust with the community!So you must forgive people if they dont take you at your word.Money is great,but i would argue that trust is better.For example if CD project red or Warhorse studio would send me a box of crap in a pretty box i would at least give it a try.That’s trust and They’ve Earned IT!

1 Like

Unless this game becomes stable and soon it will die. Last night 8/14/18 the games was unbearable. Walking up to my base you could see into the building and all the items placed until the screen rendered. Random crashes and blue screens got to go.

3 Likes

Any ETA?

lmao Bethesda is worst in gaming history for NOT fixing there bugs and glitches on time in my opinion

3 Likes

Hey everyone, here’s a quick status update about the PS4 patch:

I wish I could bring you more positive news, but the fact of the matter is that we’re still working on passing certification and currently I don’t have a specific ETA for when we can/will patch the PS4 version.

We will, of course, let you know once something changes and we thank you for your patience.

5 Likes

My last update for eso was bigger than 80gb…how could that pass?

I can understand the concern over delays and bugs; but this is a brilliant game! Thanks to Funcom for bring it to us. I’m even running a PS4 server, that’s a first for me. Btw, in all my years of playing games this is my first post to a dev’s website.

4 Likes

How bout doing smaller weekly updates to fix in game issues.

1 Like

Geez I hate you :slight_smile:
insert some damned sound in the sandstorms:
I was replying an e-mail and left the pg in the camp doing nothing, suddendly I hear “crank, body explodes” and I go “WTF?” I turn and I was inside a sandstorm… damn you Funcom, how is that a storm is so quiet?

1 Like