PS4 Update (24.08.2020) - Update 41: Followers Re-Balancing, Avatar fixes and more!

Thanks for the info, I didn’t know that yet. :blush:

I use the feeding trough permanently.
Since I’m in an area where a few opponents are walking around freely.
Boar Boss and his crew. :joy:
And he often messes with my guards at the front door.

1 Like

I also play on an official server.
However, my Thralls are all at level 20, wear the sword of Crom, God’s breaker armor and in the feeding trough I have the sustainable meal.
My cleanup yesterday was successful without any problems or losses and I am playing completely alone on a server without my clan.
Level 6 is the highest level and in my opinion the only real right level to get good thralls.
:blush::v:t4:

Never heard of that either. Only knew about dodging.

I have built a couple times too close to a mini boss it keeps things interesting. The reason I used level 4 purge is alot people feel that you have a higher rate of human purges and not basks of lizards and such over the weekend only animals came with humans will try 6 level next weekend @GodsOfExiles

I chose a level 6 server because I wanted Broodwarden Raiss.
And this only comes at level 6, unfortunately.

Oh yes, in case you didn’t know:
You don’t have to build on the volcano to have a volcano purge.
You just have to build near the volcano on snow. :blush:
@sestus2009

1 Like

Thanks I will have to try that.

1 Like

So far nothing has changed too much other than more healing arrows, and I now have to attack to speed up boss fights.
I have used a lissa o the longbow, she is now level 13. With a venom infused ax, master weapon kit, she has killed the croc boss with me in about 2 minutes. She would get to about 2/3rd health and then i hit the area up with a healing arrow.

Have not had a purge yet (my clan mates were) but I think we all need to remernber taht purgess are not farming events, but in reality if they are balanced right, you should incur some losses. IT is the closest thing to a real raid on your base, and having some of your soldiers die should be part of that. Purges are meant to crate some kind of “surprise” upkeep. And rethralling to replace losses should be part of the game play loop, at least on officials. If you look at it that way, and not someone destroying your action figures (not being sarcastic, just the way i see current thralls) then it makes sense in the lore, and what was advertised with the large scale battles.

If I look at the purge as a story, then it serves the king outside the lands of the exiles.
Because the fighters who come in the purge are commissioned by the king, these soldiers are supposed to bring the ritual objects to the king. So that he can claim the secrets and treasures of the giant kings for himself.

Thats the story from the purge.

And it is used to farm the mightiest and best fighters.
In addition, you only get the Thrall Vankel the Bringer of Suffering in one purge.
One of the Thralls that can even make the legendary kits for weapons.

So I want to contradict your claim.:yum::v:t4:

The purge has been stated to be a cleansing as well. So yes, it you want to look at it from an RP perspective, they are there to be captured. but if purges were super easy and for thrall hunting only, it would have been far easier just to have those thralls with a rare RNG than another system drain program. Plus the beasts that come are not captur-able, thus they are there to do destruction, proving they are their to destror your base. Capturing is just a perk if you happen toget a rare thrall…
And directly from the dev vlog

" The Purge are enemy NPCs that will be sent into the Exiled Lands from neighboring nations to raid, pillage and destroy everything in their path. Players will have to band together to stop this menace or hide and pray to whatever god that might be listening that The Purge will pass them by. If you do decide to risk it the rewards might be worth it, but you should definitely take the time to build up your defenses.
~ **Dev Blog[[1]]

The Purge is a PvE mechanic in Conan Exiles . It is a semi-random event that occurs based on players’ actions throughout the Exiled Lands. The Purge involves an army of NPCs or creatures that randomly spawns on the map with the sole purpose of attacking a player-built structure. Surviving a Purge grants the Journey Step: Survive a Purge ."

1 Like

I know but u can get only in purges the best Thralls.
So its for me a farming thing.
You can just see it from different angles.

And I get 1-2 rare thralls from almost every purge.
That’s why I say it that way or I tend to write it that way.

That’s just the way I see it.
In addition, while you are making the journey through the countries of exile, there are many notes that point to the purge and that the king who banished you is after the relics.

1 Like

I am not saying that getting the special thralls is bad, i am pointing out that complaining about losing part of ones army when it happens should be expected, as it is a raid by NPC’s. These raids are the closest to the some of trailers of exiles clashing when the game came out. PVP raids are far from that. It is usually 3 or 4 guys, their thralls and offline attacking dead AI or naked bombers if you are on online to defend. Which is why i enjoy Thrall purges the most. IT feels like a true battle at least.

Of course that is part of it, there can also be losses at any time outside of a cleanup.
You have to accept that.

I only play PvE somehow I just don’t care about PvP anymore.
After many years of WoW PvP for the Horde i dont like it anymore.

So the post was more for people who “complain” about losses when they get purged. The game is easy enough tbh, and losing thralls is part of the game play loop, or at least as far as I see it. It allows me to keep playing after i have built my castle. Otherwise, i would just quit once i have built and leveled a few thralls. There is no story element that drives endless loops of game play. Just building more and more, and i am not into that.

1 Like

I always felt that the best solution to this issue was to create a new Slider for ‘thrall to player damage’. That way everyone would have won; no more being 1 shotted for PvPers, and PvEers dont have their hard work and grinding invalidated.

4 Likes

Have to say I’m not sure about that. I have taken various thralls out to level, and I can usually sit back and eat a sandwich while they work. With the bosses having lower HP, the game seems to be far easier than before outside the dungeons.

I took a Prisoner through the city and didn’t have to do much except follow and watch. I load them up with gruel, and let them go.

Same skeletons level my thralls.

Muy buenas noches ignasis emos reportado un servidor ya muchas veses por diferentes formas con fotos y videos en el servidor 3536 cuadrante… h6… Server wipers es el clan porfavor ayunen ya que tenemos mucho tiempo jugando conan y queremos seguir jugando

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

The new patch has just been released:

3 Likes