Purge Is Not More Reliable In Fact Its Broken

@Palm522 What part of my post was inaccurate? I donā€™t see the relevance of that quote to anything I saidā€¦ :confused:

Thereā€™s literally no way for me to know if you know something without reading thru your whole post history. :stuck_out_tongue: I work in IT for a living and itā€™s often necessary to make no assumptions about what someone has or hasnā€™t tried when trying to troubleshoot, so please donā€™t take offense. :slight_smile:

The reason I asked about a video is much the same reason itā€™s helpful to walk over to someoneā€™s desk (or remote into their PC) rather than having them describe a problem. Sometimes it helps to see whatā€™s going on, or if maybe thereā€™s a landform or another nearby base that could be interfering. Iā€™ve had waves that seem to last forever because they got distracted by tearing down a neighboring base instead of mine. i.e. Itā€™s a complex system and sometimes it helps to have more eyes on the issue.

Anyway, if youā€™re not getting the on-screen notification (which wasnā€™t apparent to me in the original post), then that sounds like it might be related to the bug Palm is talking about. I have no experience with that particular problem and canā€™t add anything helpful thereā€¦

Good luck, either way.

1 Like

since posting the above iā€™ve had 6 further entries in log

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/990135412905132256/5C5E27506B2148E71BB22C34514657C3374F6E1F/

Now as my purge meter nears the 2nd line iā€™m assuming iā€™ll get targetted more as my ā€œlottery ticketā€ has greater odds. So my other question is how would this affect other players on the server?

To be honest i dont know why you donā€™t set the server to ā€œ1 clan member has to be onlineā€ that way the server isnt bogged down with 10000s of people trying to login for purge!

Someone else on the same server had a purge, 1 wave of skeletons no defeated msg and bar didnt lower so its still doolally.

Ok thanks Larathiel! :slight_smile: Sorry if i came across a bit too harsh :frowning:

1 Like

Hey everybody,

Weā€™re aware of some instances in which the purge is still not triggering for some people. Also, as @Vattende mentioned, they work a bit differently in single player and online due to those reasons.
Our team is working on refining the purge mechanics even further.
Thanks for your feedback.

3 Likes

It looks like exactly same issue I reported few days ago :frowning:

Since the previous thread where I had reported my Purge issues closed on its own a few hours before I got a Purge again, and because this topic has been touched in this thread, Iā€™ll post this here:

On my single-player game, the Purge is still reliable as ever. Itā€™s always Starved Exiles, always the same base, no matter where I am.

Today, all waves performed correctly. No-one disappeared and made the Purge stuck or anything like that. Curiously, the Starved Exiles had brought reinforcements from the Black Hand, as several T4 Black Hand fighters and archers could be found among the starved (but now at least partially clothed) Exiles.

My Purge level is set to 3, so in theory I should be getting Purges further north than Camp 24, and at higher tiers than Exiles. Now, weā€™re still talking about just statistical improbabilities, but of my seven bases, only this one has been targeted since the update, and only by Exiles, and both times Iā€™ve been at or near another base.

1 Like

Maybe a screenshot of the map showing where your bases are situated could be helpful ?

I did experiment with purges in singleplayer these last days, also with settings for purge between 2-4, and had similar purges it seems. The desperate exiles, with some blackhands, and named wanderers. All wanderer i saw and catched so far are in the exiles faction. They are wearing mostly blackhand armour, and may have steel weapons, often 2h steelswords.

But i only tested lately in the same area, executionners entrance, once more bit under it, once more above.
All two bases had similar purges sinces, but this looked ok to me, and they worked well.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a map:

basemap
The blue stars are where my bases are located; the gray lines show the approximate routes where the ā€œroadsā€ (built of sandstone foundations) connect my bases. So technically all my bases are one huge building stretching across the map, which may confuse the Purge, which always attacks the base near Exiles Camp 24, marked with the red arrow on my map.

The Purge type was Starved Exiles, and it did contain several named Exiles (Ciria the Mad, Frigga Falsehope, Deirdre Deathbringer and Enis Ironwrought), but it was also joined by Cristian the Blade, Iekika the Visionary and Sarnai Thorn as well as Cruaidh the Crusher, all of Black Hand fame.

The last two times Iā€™ve been Purged I have been at or near my base at the Pagoda of Boundless Lusts, far to the east. Itā€™s entirely possible that my foundation network confuses the Purge so that it always picks the southernmost point of my world-spanning base as determining which Purge types are available. I guess I could test this by removing a foundation block from the connecting road when the next Purge is about to happen and see if it would affect the Purgeā€™s target.

4 Likes

Thanks for all this information @Kapoteeni :slight_smile:

This happened on 1942 to my clan the other day. Purge announced and then vanished with no message. Our purge meter has now been full since. For our clan, we are currently immune to a purge. Not cool when there are so many purge only thralls. 8 ppl in the clan and server is always capped so there is no reason for the purge not to hit.

2 Likes

Roads between the basesā€¦ hmmm, well ye, never did that of course ! :laughing:

But yes, i think this may explain how purge behaves here. Like said, purge in singleplayer act differently than on servers anyway.
Try make some interruption in your road-system ? Just to see at first.

This is similar to how my bases are constructed, but since I play on a server with other people, I dismantle the sections in-between bases so thatā€™ Iā€™m not cluttering up the map. Remember, even if they arenā€™t physically connected anymore, because they were built on the same snap-grid, they will continue to share the same decay timer.

So you might consider making a backup of your game, deleting the intermediate roadways, and seeing if that helps. For doing the deletion, youā€™ll probably need to make use of admin mode to do radius deletes unless you are immune to boredom and/or repetitive strain injuries.

In case you need it, the path to the save files should be here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved

Just make a copy of game.db and name it something obvious like gameWithRoadways.db or some such. If you donā€™t notice any change with the roads deleted, you can then erase the game.db with them deleted, and rename the backup copy to game.db again.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good advice i think, the DB ā€œwill rememberā€, donā€™t forget it. :wink:

For me itā€™s fun to read about these roads around the map. I built a lot in this game since EA, but never roads, i love mostly a roadless and wild univers. But why not, but it may be bit perf heavy on the long run.

on official pve C server its inconsistent on purges one day will get several 3 minute(nothing happens) purges then one day will get a actual purge even with named(or other mini bosses) sprinkled in the purge on different waves. And it is still hitting same base over and over even though with 3 clan members with huge builds in different locations 2 of mine being biggest but other clan mate is getting hit repeatedly. and at one base I am constantly adding to it.

We build small house in noob river island beach, most of the foundations are on beach some in water
Purge happend in roof of house, are island purges bugged ?

If the Purge has no route to your base (remember, NPCs cannot swim) they will spawn in your base. Itā€™s apparently kind of intended behavior to prevent players from building completely purge-immune bases on islands or high plateaus.

yes but the island is not builded just small hut in the shore, all of the island is free to spawn

Wait what? How do i accomplish this? I am and Admin on a server, and i was wanting to redesign my base. And then thought about having to destroy stuff 1 foundation at a time, so thought yeah, i guess iā€™ll just put in another torch to spruce the place up :slight_smile: .

Shift+Delete will delete a single piece, then additional adjoining pieces if used in quick succession.

Ctrl+Shift+Delete will perform a deletion of objects within a certain radius. I donā€™t recall how big a radius, mind you, so might want to do some experimentation after making a backup first.

1 Like