PVP-C melee bug

Game mode: [(Online official)]
Type of issue: [ Bug ]
Server type: [ PvE-Conflict ]
Region: [USA]

During pvp hours I am unable to do MELEE damage to players. I can do bow damage, I can do melee damage to sleeping players even. When I try to do any melee damage to a awake player it acts like they have no hit box. I have tested it with every kinda of melee weapon. It started working only ONCE after belly dancing and putting a weapon on. Since that day it has never worked again and that trick hasn’t fixed it since either. Everyone on the server has helped me run tests and try to figure out the issue. We think my melee damage to players is just not turning on during pvp hours. It acts like players have no hit boxes with my melee. This is only with players, my melee works on NPCs. I discovered this issue at around level 40. I have only found one other person on Reddit with the issue. I’m not sure what I did to make this happen or even how to recreate it.

I’m willing to log in and show you guys and maybe run some tests but for god sake help me and the one other guy on Reddit out.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Log in during pvp hours
  2. Get any melee weapon even fists
  3. Be one of the two people known in the world with the issue and try to attack a player.
  4. Rage quit
1 Like

I can confirm this bug exists. I was the second person he tested it with. I could damage him during PvP hours, but he couldn’t do a thing to me. Not damage, no knockback, nothing. It was like I didn’t have a hitbox for him.

Hey @Ronami

That’s a pretty odd issue, and it might point to perhaps connectivity issues. We’ll bring it up with our team and see if they can find a cause for this.

2 Likes

What an incredibly frustrating experience that must be.
Have you and your friend tried making characters on a different PvE-C server to check if it could be an account-wide issue or just some weird-unreproducable bug with that specific character on that specific server…

1 Like

I don’t think its a connectivity issue. I wouldn’t be able to go pvping with a bow and hit my target 90% of the time if I was having connectivity issues. Every day I get on to test it and bow damage works and melee does not. I honestly have my doubts this will get fixed. Reason why is that only two people are know to have this rare bug issue and the Funcom team has been playing bug fix catch up it seems since the launch of this product. I will wait another two weeks to see if it gets fixed. If not I will post a video showing the issue with the product and at the same time demand a refund. This is why you don’t launch a product without extensive testing, it’s a bad business practice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.