Question about the future of Conan Exiles

Lets see the past has anything to add.

Age of Conan was a killer game, then they started on Exiles, and AoC stalled.
Now that Dune is on the way, Exiles has fallen by the way side.

Just like SOE they are very predicable.

Age of Conan stalled long before Conan Exiles was even imagined.

True. It kind of stalled out on launch in fact, and Iā€™m not sure if it actually really recovered from that. Thatā€™s what happens when you release a game where the only part that really feels finished is the starter zone.

Donā€™t get me wrong. Itā€™s a great game. Iā€™d still go back to it from time to time. But in those early days youā€™d have a fantastic starting experience and then as soon as you left Tortage it felt like the ground just suddenly disappeared beneath you. Thatā€™s not good for what was at the time a subscription based MMO, even given the fact that people generally had a lot more disposable income back then.

Some improvements have been made since then of course, but they probably could be categorized as too little, too late. Very unfortunate.

1 Like

Age of Conan did fine with the improvements (expansions) but eventually they moved on. I enjoyed my many years in the game before I moved on to Star Wars The Old Republic exclusively. (Was duo gaming until mid
2012).

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.