Question for people losing mount when dismounting in water

I’ve been unable to reproduce this bug on current testlive (but I’ve also not had it happen to me on the live branch). Does anyone know if this is something that has been happening only on servers/specific platforms? Or are there any specific actions anyone can come up with that might make it more likely to happen? (I’ve tried dismounting at the edge and in the middle of the water - tried while holding forward and while stopped mid-swim). I’m on pc, singleplayer, Win7 - in case that makes a difference.

If anyone can come up with additional useful factors to try, I’m happy to continue testing to see if it really is gone, or just not happening to me.

3 Likes

I have never had that happen to me. I am on PC, win 10 and multiplayer. I think I have lost two thralls in 4.7 years. Both disappeared under or behind my base in the cliffs. I was able to delete one, but the other was one of my best, well equipped, high stat fighters who is still in my thrall list, and shows up on my map, but is not actually there. I can only assume he resides in the netherworld of the mesh god.
I know I could try a recall, but am still hoping he just shows up one day after I log in. He has my only Sword of Crom on him.

2 Likes

The good news is, so long as he’s showing up on the list then he’s probably ok. In singleplayer I found a couple of mine had undermeshed themselves but found a patch of ‘land beneath the land’ and were just standing there 10 ft below the surface. IIRC you’re on official, so ghost mode is out - hopefully whatever fix eventually comes for this issue pushes him back to the surface.

2 Likes

It happened to me while crossing from the far East beach to South East Island(Grey Ones) and my horse just vanished after I dismounted while still swimming near the shore. The “Slate died while following you” message came up and the body was never found. I hope that shark chokes on a femur

3 Likes

Interesting.
I dont play IOS, only CE.
Possibly a Siptah issue with the mesh.

3 Likes

Yes it’s definitely exclusive to Siptah. I never had that issue even after excessive play in the exiled lands

4 Likes

Well that might explain it - I’ve been on EL for a while now. I’ll give Siptah testlive a go and see if I can find anything (and try the location you suggested). Thanks.

5 Likes

It is not exclusive to Siptah, a question like this can be easily answered by searching the forums. The horse I lost was in Exiled Lands and is already documented, reported and acknowledged by Functom here: Horse Instantly killed and lootbag instantly destroyed while in water.

4 Likes

Unfortunately I’ve not been able to duplicate it - I’ve now tried live-branch and testlive, both Exiled Lands and Siptah. I had hoped to be able to get it to happen on the live-branch as that would indicate that it is fixed on testlive - but all I can conclude from this is that it isn’t happening to me. And with both JJDancer and Lahaina being on online official Exiled Lands, that seems to rule out server vs singleplayer (as well as EL vs Siptah).

Logically there must be something that is different between those who do lose horses this way and those who don’t, but I’m darned if I can see it. Sorry, it is looking like this thread may not generate the answers I was hoping for.

4 Likes

@DanQuixote I’m playing on Exiles and Siptah server’s and have admin on both when I can this week will spawn in a horse on each and let you know don’t want to risk Gibraltar his earlier name sake,s haven’t faired so well I’m on Ps4 will get back in touch.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you’re trying to achieve since this issue is already acknowledged by Funcom. I am sure they will turn up logging or add additional logging to the code to catch the problem better than someone trying to repeat it without first-hand knowledge of the issue directly.

Looks like an attempt to help gather more information about how to repro the bug more reliably. Doesn’t hurt.

5 Likes

I have had the same issue there as well. They tend to get stuck, esp if I swim across that bay.

Today I lost a Dalinsia with a Sword of Crom when I left Sunken city. She not followed me after I left the dungeon. Some minutes later I checked event log an I saw that she was dead. It maybe related to similar issue like the mounts?
The good thing I not really cry about the loss because some hours later Funcom deleted my whole base, losing my whole 1,5 year gameplay.
Disappointing.

1 Like

There’s currently a report in the TestLive section about Followers not going into the Sunken City at all.

If you’re not too over it, you might post a Bug Report about your Dalinsia. It’s always helpful. I’m sorry for your loss.

That’s really awful, and worse that Funcom doesn’t raise a finger in effort to reimburse such pointless losses. I think this is why they added the “end game” feature of beating the game and deleting your character lol, …as a final quest for those who lost it all. Sadly I’m sure most just uninstall rather than go through that final trouble!