Random frequent crashes of 0xc0000005 and 0xc00000f7 in The Secret World Legends

I am getting random frequent crashes from the SWL about once every hour. My video card is not that old at all and it’s only this game where all the crashing is occurring. I look in Windows event viewer and there are two ERROR’s under application that point the finger right at SWL. I’m current playting in Kingsmouth as Illuminati.

What I have tried is turning on vsync, tried 720p, 1080p and low graphic options, high graphic options. Nothing seems to matter.
But I do know after looking into the windows event viewer its most certainly SWL fault. There also some strange glitch with the mouse clicking, sometimes things don’t select, sometimes they do, using ALT and going back and forth using ALT allows the mouse click to work again but hitting alt all the time to correct is painful. You can’t even play like that and this is a seperate issue. I may open another bug report on it unless someone knows what the heck is causing it.

I’m a new player but these two issues are so annoying!

My system specs:
Windows 10 64bit
32G DDR4 RAM
1GIG Crucial P1 NvME drive
SWL installed on C drive the NVMe drive with the OS
Asus ROG STRIX Geforce 1070Ti purchases this past October 2018
Nvidia driver version 430.39

The messages are below:

MESSAGE 1:
Faulting application name: SecretWorldLegendsDX11.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c98ea7d
Faulting module name: SecretWorldLegendsDX11.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c98ea7d
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x00d95ba7
Faulting process id: 0x2bb0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4fe37ae6c503d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\Secret World Legends\SecretWorldLegendsDX11.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\Secret World Legends\SecretWorldLegendsDX11.exe
Report Id: 94320fac-809b-4603-a5a4-b91293e4d762
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

MESSAGE 2:

Faulting application name: SecretWorldLegendsDX11.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c98ea7d
Faulting module name: SecretWorldLegendsDX11.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c98ea7d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00d95ba7
Faulting process id: 0x26a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4fe371e2153ef
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\Secret World Legends\SecretWorldLegendsDX11.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\Secret World Legends\SecretWorldLegendsDX11.exe
Report Id: 0eadb5ba-0f83-4407-8487-5dd2ca18696d
Faulting package full name:

Are you using the newest Nvidia drivers, as a note? The newest seem to have caused a lot of instability and problems with SWL overall, I know several caballies have had to roll back a bit (not sure which to, however) to resolve the constant crashing. The only variable changed for them was the driver update.

I am using the the latest drivers from NV.
I’m not sure which ones to roll back too.

Like Pyre said, latest Nvidia driver update causes a lot of crashing with any game really. Rollback to previous version (possible from device manager for example). This should solve your issue before Nvidia brings new patch in

Try switching to directx 9 as well.

I’ll ask two caballies tonight if they’re on what they rolled back to. I know two people who had exactly the same problem, and after rolling back, they reolved their issue. I don’t know off the top of my head, because I’m firmly in the ‘ain’t broke, don’t fix it’ camp of driver upgradea :slight_smile:

Mr-Pyre,

Thanks so much for jumping in to help!

First, I rolled from driver 430.39 April 4./23/2019 on 2 releases back to 419.67 March 3/25/2019 and viola crashes are gone.

I have not had to roll back to DX9 and I’m still running DX11 and it’s rock solid so far. It would appear when Nvidia enabled Raytracing on these cards with that last driver release they introduced some other bugs causing this.

I’m aware the game don’t use that but they released the driver to add support to the 10 series card for raytracing. And also apparantly introduced something that is causing that crashing.

I’ll post the a copy of this in the Nvidia forums. It can be duplicated and at least what know what driver release is stable with SWL. You can use 419.67 March 25, 2019. That release has Shadow of the Tomb Raider tweaks in it which I also play.

So far so good. I hope Funcom sees this post so they can iron it out with Nvidia.

Thanks!!!

edit: The mouse glitch of pressing ALT then left clicking once and pressing alt again to recover from it is also gone. Also the strange mouse behavior is all but gone as well where the button clicking and selecting is now all working again.

I came from TSW and stop playing (lifetime member) due to the combat system which I didn’t like and the immersion wasn’t there for me.
I’m glad I came back to SWL. They nailed it! Perfect and the immersion which I can tell what they added, and it’s alot, along with the revamped combat is so much fun now.

2 Likes

It eneded up being Nvidia’s latest driver release that causes it.
See my post on which driver works fine.

Cheers

Aye, actually you went back to the exact one that the cabalmate of mine said they had to go back to (March). I literally just asked them now and they said that’s what they also went back to :slight_smile:

has there been a fix to this? i am still getting a lot of crashes?

Did you try rolling back to March NVIDIA drivers as suggested in this thread ? That fixed it for most people.

I haven’t heard of Nvidia having released an updated driver that resolves these issues, if that is what you meant. It’s been about three days since I checked on updates though.

If you rolled back to the suggested version or earlier and are still getting crashes, you may be having an unrelated issue.

Same old story as everyone else. Repaired, didn’t work. Checked drivers, didn’t work. Reinstalled -particularly irritating given how little bandwidth I have- and that changed nothing.

Sometimes I go hours without a hitch, sometimes the game crashes while loading itself and that’s amazing.

And of course this is only an SWL problem so I’m not rearranging my system for the sake a single title.

Are you using a Steam account? Every few months either SWL or Steam has a update that bugs the system. Or you can try flushing your DNS, which sometimes fixes the problem (old data not being erased from your system when an update is done. Go into your cmd frame and type ipconfig /flushdns