Regarding patch 2.4.6 on PS4

Greetings Exiles,

Thank you for your patience regarding the patch to PlayStation. We ran into an issue which would have forced all PlayStation players to reinstall the game entirely instead of just patching. We are working to solve and thoroughly test that before we release the patch! That being said, we unfortunately won’t be patching this week.

Once this is cleared up we’ll be sure to update everyone again with a more solid estimate.

14 Likes

Thanks for a heads-up

2 Likes

The last time you postponed it you talked about a completely different problem, now where did this come from :sweat_smile:?

1 Like

If the new version of the game fixed the existing issues, and did not bring in any new ones, I think that I would have preferred to download the game completely, rather than wait.

5 Likes

Yes but those with limits on internet access won’t be able to download for a long time. Due note I’m on Xbox and have unlimited internet access. Even with that if the download it’s self could cause an issue if something else was wrong thus you would redownload and it may not work at all. Hope for all of you that’s not the case.

1 Like

Finally a position, thank you so much!

Bad news is so much better than no news. I have sympathy for missed deadlines; this is a game for adults who presumably also have deadlines at work. It’s much easier to have patience with constant updates, even if the latest update is posted just to say that you won’t meet the deadline mentioned in the update before.

6 Likes

I agree, I may not be happy about the information, but I am glad to have an understanding of where things are at currently.
The update is appreciated.

This is a good point, not everyone has unlimited internet access, so something to accommodate everyone is probably best.

3 Likes

I’m not seeing issue? Several games have done this in past, to help make sure all files are nicely redone. Thou theres often a heads up its happening.

If there are 8 megabits in 1 megabyte and the game is about 100 gigabytes large, with a 1,200 megabits/second internet connection it would only take about 11 minutes to download the full game.

Where’s the problem with downloading the full game? Even if you have a conservative data cap like 1.2 terabytes per month, 100 gigabytes is a small fraction of that data cap.

EDIT: I just noticed the PC version is less than 100 GB. The PS version is around 134.9 GB, so add a couple minutes to my estimated download time.

Most have 15gb a month from most data services each 5 GB in most cases is 20 each so yeah and I’ve been on that much truly sucks on top of that you have to include updates for other games now you have to figure up all of that and last time I checked was an additional 450+ dollars for that month not including the current price of the data plan so it’s math off one instance also not including play time on online server and other games which in total could depending cost 1000 dollars area. So I would straight up drop those games which I did for this and fortnite (once it became popular as there was no battle royals) and when Conan first came to console you had to do that for almost every update- they got in touch with Sony and Microsoft to figure out why that was happening to stop it happening. So no it’s not that simple at all once everything is included out side of this game. Poor bass terds with limited internet I know how it fells

1 Like

Don’t know where you’re at but where I am you’re looking at at least 6-8 hrs to download that much. Not everyone has access to lightning fast internet.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Yes even with good internet downloads from PSN are really slow :snail: especially when all Exiles are attempting to download

3 Likes

So I have a question to the team working on getting this patch up.

Your on Summer Vacation…

Does this mean there’s no one working on this patch or a skeleton crew? All the while servers are struggling gportal is crashing with “Fatal Errors” and players are leaving left, right and center.

Things fail to load in and servers cannot handle it so the server crashes.

This is something we cannot fix.

We are left being told to do server wipes or await a patch which we now don’t know when it will happen and with your team being on “Summer Vacation” my faith in getting anything until September when you decided yo start working again is frail.

Please we need you to acknowledge and COMMUNICATE WITH US!! I dont care if its bad news as long as we get regular updates and don’t have to scroll through thousands of disgruntled messages to fine the odd one or two updates that are just copy and paste answers with no value.

2 Likes

Funcom is on summer vacation. Please standby.

3 Likes

This same conversation takes place every year. All of Funcom is not on holiday, probably just Funcom peeps in Oslo. Read this if you want to know why:

So it’s not like all work stops at Funcom, just that there will be less people available to do things in July.

Man, I wish I lived in Norway, sounds like a country that does things right.

5 Likes

Hopefully the people still in the game studio are the programmers/coders who can get the patch out :joy:

1 Like

The employees are on summer break? WTF? That’s a job? What kind of asinine job is that? Is this a company or a high school? They must pay their employees some ridiculous wages that they can afford to just not work for large portions of the year.
If I’m a game developer and I care at all about my customers and my product, I’m looking at lazy-ass Norway as a potential place to set up shop and I’m saying “F*** THAT”.