Responses to complaints

Again, most of those people are also trying to help. I know exactly one forum-goer who likes to be douchey about it, but all the others recommend private servers because private servers can be a solution for many problems we get on official servers. I’ve never seen anyone, not even that guy I won’t name, say that Funcom shouldn’t fix their game because private servers are the solution.

No, private servers aren’t a solution for all the game’s problems. But they can solve some of them, if you can find a good one. I won’t go into details of my opinion on private servers, because I’ve written about it elsewhere. Suffice it to say, finding a good one is hard, and there’s no guarantee that it’ll stay alive.

I guess what I’m trying to say is this: I believe you’re letting your frustration at Funcom make you frustrated at other players and you’re assuming that they’re trying to shut you up instead of trying to help. If you open a topic to complain about something and you get a reply about reporting procedures or about private servers, you can choose how to respond to that. One way would be to get angry at them. Another way would be to say something like “thanks, I know about that, but I don’t think it’s a good solution”. Pick one you think is better :wink: