Revamp frost temple

The frost temple is a bit boring as it is right now. I feel it needs more of a WOW - feeling to it. Since the temple is so far north it needs to be a place of interest and give reason to travel there. Now it is more, at least for me, a place to check-in-the-box and then never go back to since… well there is no reason for it. The frost temple is boring. So basically it becomes a dead area of the map. The recepies are not that unique so other than meteors and black ice I can’t find a reason for going there. And black ice and meteors can be found elsewhere.

I think Hrungir should move faster. He is too easy now. I like the cold snap feature but the giants are very slow. OK for the guards but Hrungir should be faster as well as his guards. The frost temple could use some, dunno, substance. It doesn’t feel like a place of worship. It is strange, a throne room and a forge. OK… so, what of the temple part?

I suggest move the current recepies from the temple to the giant village. To give the giant village some more love. The throne room could instead give a different recepie, more suitable for hrungir to guard, or just a narrative telling a story of the temple.

Compare the frost temple to the Cove. The Cove is alive! The frost temple, not so much. I feel NPC’s are just placed in the temple for no reason at all other that for player to fight. Perhaps it is easier to design a living human settlement but that only means more effort should be placed in designing the non-humans. More ‘WHY is this giant standing here?’ As in acting; what is his motivation?
It is not good if I as a player goes ‘why are they here? what are they doing?’ going into a area and leaving it goes ‘the devs just placed them there for combat. There is no story behind it.’ It breaks the immersion and generates disappointment for even going there.

I think all non-human settlements are a bit off and not very interesting. As if skeletons, giants etc are just placed without much thought behind it, other than combat. Those areas are not alive (undeads, I know but u know what I mean).

Since the food/drink upgrade we have abandoned going to the temple.
Using the same gear and the new food, we freeze to death.
The giants are boring, so we dont even go there any more

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.