Riddle of Steel DLC NOT included in season pass

So I heard through the grapevine that the newest DLC “Riddle of steel” will NOT be included in the season pass. Before I throw a mantrum and start bashing Funcom and whomever else, I would like to know if this is true? I can honestly say that IF it is true, I would like a refund for my season pass, will stop paying for my private server and will never give another dime to this game or the future games made by Funcom. I think this is a clear sign of things to come if this is the truth. Why am I paying for a season pass if DLC is not included in it? This is obviously a quick buck for them (as if they are not already making enough) and not to mention they WAY overcharge for the servers,but separate topic so I won’t even get into that, although it has been noticed that if you want any type of decent playing ability you have to play on a private server otherwise you spend hours trying to log in and when you finally do get in,you get kicked, but again,seprate topic and I am actually not here to bash funcom or start a witch hunt, I simply want the truth and a reason behind why they thought that this was going to be a good idea and who’s idea was this anyway? You didn’t think by doing this you were not going to have pissed off players? I am all ears with anyone that can give a logical and valid reason behind this decision. Thanks for reading my rant and can’t wait to hear from the community.

2 Likes

Oh for gods sake, give it a rest.

It was clearly listed what the season pass included. Nowhere did it state that it included any other dlc which might be scheduled for release. It’s their anniversary and they’re celebrating it by releasing something a little different, something as an awesome nostalgic link back to the original movie. I for one think it was a fantastic idea and a perfect way to mark the anniversary.

I think if they gave it to you for free you’d still be complaining about it somehow.

16 Likes

boohoo, I bought it, its awesome:)

1 Like

I am actually somewhat sympathetic to the OP and his fellows. The problem is calling it a season pass if it’s not intended to be any such thing. I am well aware that legally blah blah no obligation, but really. If it’s a pack/preorder of the four DLCs then that’s a different product from a season pass IMO.

4 Likes

It is true is aspecial to celebrate the original movie. Just armor and decorations. Not an actual expansion. Btw they have no statues of Akiro played by Mako in both movies. WTF Funcom?

1 Like

Despite not being complete? Where are the other character statues? Clearly it was rushed and they did a half assed job. No statues of Thulsa Orsic or Akiro says alot. A little racism at funcom maybe?

1 Like

Yes, everything you said. Absolutely agree. :rofl:

Frankly, I much prefer a “Season pass” that doesn’t include all DLC content but tells me beforehand what it’s going to include, than a season pass that includes all DLC for the season but I won’t know beforehand what it’s going to contain. The latter is common and annoys me greatly.

But I never buy season passes anyway. I want to know what I’m paying for.

2 Likes

Why they dont called it like in first year bundle? why not 2 years dlc pack? because they wana use the word Season Pass as a bait so easy …
Why they dont say in the description that you only get this 4 Dlcs but not other Dlcs they gonna release in the same Season ?
Because nobody will buy a Season Pass when it dont include all the Dlcs from the Season.

2 Likes

Because you would then rant about it not containing ALL the DLCs of year 2!

2 Likes

To be totally honest - when i read that Riddle of Steel is not part of the Season2 pack i was actually happy as i though - hm not what i was expecting (no building and so on) when i bought the 4 DLC containing bundle - i am not that much into Statues - even less into statues of Arnold Schwarzenegger :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Nope then you know exactly wat you get for your money whitout all this problems.
Oh whit the Season Pass i have all the Dlcs of year 2 ? … nope thats the problem…

1 Like

Wow, devils advocate much? A season pass is a season’s pass, its suppose to include future dlc’s, not just what they want it too. Of you supposedly agree with everything I’m saying then why be such a troll with your post?

1 Like

I can’t agree with you more about the contents, however, this is labeled as DLC, so, if that is a DLC and “future content” why is it not a part of the season pass? I’ll tell you why, this company is now debt free and is getting greedy, they want to make a quick buck and this is how they are doing it, just makes me angry.

1 Like

So you’re saying:

“I want all DLCs. If I know you’ll produce 4 it’s ok for me to pay for 4, for a little less of their price, before they’ll be released.
But if you sell me a pass that CLEARLY SAYS you’re selling me 4 DLC but you produce a fifth DLC it’s not good, I never bought it if I knew”

Why ?

Because you preferred buy each of them for their full price ?

Because you wanted just the next 4 DLCs, regardless this one is very little and not comparable with the regular ones (so paying for it more than it values) ?

Honestly I don’t understand you guys.

4 Likes

Very valid point, but I think they should at least release info on future content they are working on to the public so we can make an educated decision in if it’s even worth buying a season pass or we should just “ala carte” and pick and choose what we want. I just feel that this was pure greed on the their end and I dont like the way the company is going in that reguards.

1 Like

A ‘year’ or ‘year 2’ is pretty much more defined than a ‘season’.

Thus I’d expect from a “year 2 DLC pack” that it would contain ALL the DLCs of year 2. I would not expect that from a ‘season pass’, because the phrase ‘season pass’ is much less defined.

Well, I am fairly new to what seasons passes are, dlc’s and all the other stuff. I just expected that when I bought a “season pass” that I was getting the releases for this next season, not whatever they wanted to pick and choose of what they wanted to be on there. In their defense I didn’t specifically read what 4 dlc’s I was getting because I was expecting to get all future releases stuff for the season. I will not make that mistake again, especially with this company. In my experience , when i bought a season pass before demo other games, it came with all future content, not just things they had specifically showed as certain dlc’s. A season pass is a season pass to all content coming, that’s why we pay for that. Just my opinion, doesn’t make it right or wrong.

1 Like

Let me use payments terms here because you’re clearly not understanding. I want a season pass that includes future content like most other season passes I have bought. If I wanted to ala carte I would do that, but that isn’t what I expected from the season pass. Again, like I have said in other replies in the defense of them, I didn’t read what I was getting before hand and expected I was getting all future content. Do you get it now, not sure how else to make it any more clear?

1 Like

Its a problem for you that when i pay for a Season Pass i want a Season Pass?
If they say oh you get only 4 dlcs ok then i know wat iam buying so yes thats fair.
But they say you get this 4 Dlcs but dont say they will make more and dont want to give them whit the Season Pass.
So you realy dont understand that i have a problem whit hidden infos and greed moves from the devs ?

1 Like