Roaming hostile NPCs and beasts

Would be awesome to have some roaming mobs for a bit of random flavor.

One of my must have mods for Fallout 4 is called NPCs Travel.
Basically a random mob of NPCs that travel from A to B and then despawn.

A pack of wolves looking for trouble in the highlands.
Scorpions seeking out a new lair in the desert.
Exiles looking for a better shelter.
A frost giant on a walkabout.
Some cimmerians that finally decided to leave their haunted deathhole…

You dig?

5 Likes

that would be great atm beside fixed spawn which you learn quite early if you do the same route so you see nothing unexpected that would be a very nice feature IF you could see from afar, if i m dragging a lvl 4 thrall i finaly found to be caugh in a rhino stampede and have it die i would be sad ^^

Or some roaming named thralls? Or roaming friendly npc to barter with?

I don’t care really, just anything to break the highly predictable presence of mobs.

Technically, it’s a variation of ONE purge wave.

• At random, a mob of NPCs spawns in your vicinity, but out of your visual range.
  • The mob has a destination somewhere on the map. Should not be too far though.
  • The trajectory should be within your visual range so you have a chance to spot them.
  • If they pass you and go beyond your “visual range” they’ll despawn. Mimicing you lost track of them.
  • If you follow. They will continue to their destination.
  • If you follow to their destination, they will stop, and act like any normal placed NPC.
  • If you leave and get out of the “visual range” they’ll despawn.
  • You are free to engage the mob at any point and the mob will also be susceptible to attacks from other placed NPCs.

I like the idea.

This is desperately needed at the moment.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.