Issue Type: Gameplay
Game Mode: Online Official
Server Type: PvE
Map: Isle of Siptah
Server Name: Official server #6208 PvE - g-portal.com
Mods: =MODS=

Bug Description:

Rubberbanding. Yesterday I logged on to #6208 and this happened : See video
There were only 3 other people on the server at the time and the server listing reported my ping as being 66:

Bug Reproduction:

Log on and try to move.

@TeleTesselator what’s your mod list ?

I had exactly the same issue on official PvE server yesterday. Logging out and back in again fixed it.

No mods, that’s an official server.

@TeleTesselator From now on this fish will follow you!
Magika GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 Like

He stated it

Yup.

And to be clear this doesn’t happen every time. It occurs about one in ten log-ins and usually resolves itself after one or two minutes. This time I waited the usual 2 or 3 minutes but when it didn’t stop I began recording it.

This used to happen a lot in 2.6 and 2.7 too. It seemed to have been mostly fixed in 2.8 but it’s back now again in 3.0.X… I guess the Community knows what the cause is and will get it working soon enough.

Oh! So this is directly after logon?
Yes, the game prevents your character from moving until almost everything around you is rendered (I think it’s the “prevent people from walking into buildings before walls render” system playing into it massively)

Unfortunately that means that if the server can’t keep up bandwidth-wise (also setting-wise since there are settings for maximum allocated bandwidth per player) and the area has lots of modifications from the standard terrain (buildings, placeables, anything…) then I can totally see how that might last a very long time especially on a gportal server.

Even I get this on my own server, however mine goes away in a few seconds since it’s local, but also because I increased the server bandwidth allocation through the config files.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.