Rugs & carpets do not work with Turan floors!

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Misc
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvP
Region: NA

With both the Turan foundations and ceiling tiles rugs and carpets either refuse to place outright or clip so badly with the floor they look like jigsaw puzzle pieces. Yes, I logged out and back in. The bug persists. Pillows also clip with the floors and look terrible. I don’t mind paying for DLC and I was SO excited when I found out this one would be Turan. But this silly bug is litrally destroying all my attempts to deco the place I have built. PLEASE FIX ASAP!

1 Like

The Aquilonian DLC has the same clipping issue with carpets. You’re limited to just the Aquilonian carpet which is disappointing to say the least.

1 Like

Carpets are a real issue. They keep losing stability and then decay. Whatever is placed on top decay with them, regardless of the decay time on the base.

1 Like

Oh no, so it’s even worse than I thought!

1 Like

And they haven’t fixed that? That does not bode well for them addressing the issue on the latest DLC then. I will definitely think twice before purchasing the next one if they are in the habit now of releasing broken aesthetic content and not doing anything about it. Which, considering the fact that I usually buy at least 5 or 6 of them each time as gifts… might be something they want to consider since I’m sure I’m not alone on that.

Agree, you have to be carefull with what you place where on what carpet.

I have some stuff on carpets, but mostly modded ones, and i care what i put on the carpets. I never will put a full chest of thralls on them, that’s sure. :wink:

Problem is there is a difference between the mesh and what you see. Mesh is mostly bigger than what showed.
So while still the same mesh, textures are different, and the carpets don’t fit on them properly.
Have this problem also with some modded carpets not fitting on all ceilings/foundations.

For the carpet, still hardened stones, and the wooden ceilings, or also the frontier ceilings are working the best and looking fine to me. The rest, all depends, and has be looked at with some care.

Don’t place valuables on carpets, never ever !

This thread, rightly so, evolved into something you did not originally ask for, so I would like to answer part of your question by quoting someone else (could not find the original).

To eliminate the clipping that shows the floor beneath, place two rugs, one on top of the other. Rapidly without moving the mouse works best for me. Not an ideal situation, but good enough to be termed a workaround.

As to the original quote about ‘unplaceable’, no clue, sorry. I have never experienced it. I do tend to consider these ‘throw rugs’ as opposed to ‘wall-to-wall carpeting’ do leave plenty of room on at least three sides. Perhaps that’s why I missed it.

Best of luck !

jim

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.