Sandstorm occurs every ~15 minutes

Game mode: [Online]
Problem: [Misc]
Region: [Here]

Since 1.57, the sandstorm does its rounds about every 15 minutes. Noobs won’t survive. I remember before that it was like every two hours.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Look at the path of the sandstorm from your favorite vantage point.
  2. Notice it completes, so wait for the next one.
  3. Time it to about every ~15 minutes (maybe to half hour)
  4. Survival unlikely without precautions.
1 Like

Have had that happen along with the storm doing damage inside building’s. Two different server’s

2 Likes

Where you close to a door frame. When you are close to a door frame, even if this is separating 2 bedrooms you take sand storm damage. This is happening more than a year now. I don’t think it was ever fixed. Now the frequency of the sand storm is something tottaly different and new. So @Dzonatas i promise you in some hours i will go and check to confirm your post. Do you want me to check on official online or ofline?

1 Like

@stelagel That would be on official. Thanks you!

2 Likes

Np, as soon as my son stops play fortnite :rofl::rofl::rofl:, i will check it :+1:

2 Likes

I had a sandstorm at 20:40 and at 22:40 , that means 2 hours exactly. I have to admit however that sometimes farming in the unnamed city i experience faster regeneration of sandstorm. It is still really rare . I play official pve US server

I checked again and and it was 20 minutes between each sandstorm. I’m on the pvp us west.

I looked in the settings and didn’t find a slider about it.

I started a new game, went to Sepermeru to start building. Sandstorms occur every 45 min, last about 4 min and hit you about 30 seconds after debris starts flying. Single player offline. Just hope you have enough time to find shelter. :wink:

1 Like

Maybe @Hugo knows what is the intended duration between storms? (And, if this is a bug)

I get a sandstorm in graphics only within 5 minutes of logging in the server. I know it’s fake because there are no indications on the ground prior (The passing shadows), and no damage is taken. It is just a bright white interruption to my game. Later, I will get the first real sandstorm with no graphics or warning. I will just start seeing blood on the screen during a nice sunny day, and the word SANDSTORM on the left side of the screen. After that, sandstorms act normal.

I’m used to it. But, I wonder why the path of the storm was adjusted so long ago. When we started, noobs on the south side of the river were not affected by a storm. Now, one of our clan members died in a storm in the spawn area. Why?

2 Likes

On the official server I am on it also happens very often, from 15 to 45 minutes, about 10 or 12 sandstorms come out per day and of those 12, 8 are invisible

Hi @Dzonatas, our team is aware of a few issues that may cause the sandstorms to occur more frequent than expected, these are currently being looked into.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.