Sandstorm route always the same?

Game mode: Online official | Online private
Type of issue: Bug / Misc
Server type: PvE
Region: NA/EU

I have a question, @Ignasi .

Recently I noticed that the Sandstorm always seems to use the same route. A year ago, or more, I remember standing at The Pocket and watch the Sandstorm pass by just a few meters from my nose through the grassland savanna.
I build shelters at the Galleon until I was Level 30 so I would not worry about the sandstorm.

In the last six months or so I noticed however, that whenever I was at the Galleon, the Sandstorm would always pass way south of my position. I went to Hunter View at the Hand of the Maker. even here the sandstorm passes through just a few steps south of the Camp. I camped for a T4 thrall there, for days and always would the sandstorm pass just past my nose there.

It spawns west of Sepermeru and heads in a straight line towards the south of Sandswept Ruins, probably Square B1. On my last Server I started at the most eastern Broken Road spawn point and I barely made it to the line where the Drums Music switches to the River Land Theme and the sandstorm passed south of me already.

Is this intentional? If so, what is the point of that? The sandstorm is barely a danger if you stay clear of the south western part of the map. It makes it questionable why the north eastern desert even exists.
And first and foremost, it degrades the sandstorm into an unimportant gimmick, even for new/low level characters. It is simply too predictable.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Enter game.
  2. Go to Hunter View, Galleon, or some place there
  3. wait and watch

Sandstorms never when that up north for me? The screen gets dark and you can visibly see the storm but never did the storm and the damage come up that way. I dont believe The Den even gets hit either. However the salt flats which is all in row 8 do Enter Scratch Head Emoji

I’m playing this game since Early Access, the Sandstorm used to get up there. It had random routes, just, not anymore since at least half a year.

Hey @Apollonia

There’s a current known issue that shifted the trajectory of the sandstorm slightly, hitting some unexpected places (such as some areas in the desert spawn or the Dagon dungeon). This is unintended and our team is looking into it.
Thanks for the feedback and apologies for the frustration.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.