Sandstorms Sometimes Do Not Appear

Game mode: Online Official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: All
Region: US

Every once in a while, a sandstorm will hit, but there are no visuals to accompany it. The Sandstorm notification will appear, but it will be a clear day/night, and I will take damage.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Wandering the desert under a clear sky when I start taking damage, today it happened in F4
  2. Sandstorm icon appears on the left side of the screen
  3. No visuals to accompany the sandstorm; there are no textures or sounds (wind howling, sand blowing, etc.)
  4. Once inside shelter, just wait for storm to pass and then continue exploring
  5. It’s not every sandstorm, and it only happens occasionally
1 Like

Bumping this, its happening on our private server as well, and not to everyone all the time, some people can see or not see the same sandstorm

It’s a know issue for a while now

1 Like

The invisible sandstorms are annoying and I have had to turn sandstorms off on the server I run. The problem with not having sandstorms on is that one of the journey steps is to survive being in a sandstorm.

I am having the same issue.

I’m in the newbie area as well, basically H3.

Most sandstorms work normally, but every now and then the visuals are missing.

I died once because of it taking me by surprise.

It seems to be a really old bug?

I’ve had this happen as well. This is less of an issue for me now, since I live in the Oasis and wear the sandstorm mask semi-permanently, but previously, it used to be a much more serious issue for me.

I would guess it has something to do with whether the client and server are in sync about weather, but idk for sure.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.