"Scorpion Ward" shield no longer grants an armor bonus

Game mode: Any mode
Type of issue: Misc
Server type: Any type

Prior to mounts update, “Scorpion Ward” shield gave +100 to armor. Now the shield does not give any bonuses, but the description of the item still says that there is a bonus to the armor.

2 Likes

Hey @klimsat

Notifying our team about this.
Thanks for the feedback.

2 Likes

Wow, I’ve been using this shield since patch and never thought to look at the armor rating to confirm bonus. Thanks for the heads up.

Every +armor shield is not working… Was reported in testlive.

I updated all the item pages of the wiki with my page generator based on the game data and it looks like all shileds did not have +armor since the last update

1 Like

What happened with additional stamina things (black dragon pike)? When I remember correctly, in a Stream someone from Funcom said, that this will be kinda converted to GRIT.

So maybe armor should be converted to Agility?

Could you at lest look at black dragon pike?

Edit: Yeah, Wiki already updated it:
https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Black_Dragon_Pike

It has +5 grit.
Edit2: Yeah, every wiki page the +armor is gone… :confused:
https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Shield you can sort after bonus… Only 3 shields have bonus attributes and 1 even has +5 armor… :smiley:

Jot, good observation, but the cause of your findings may have more to do with the datamining than differences in the bonus’. Testerle has been working so hard to update the Wiki, I was holding off of the discussion on the bonus placement in the itemtable specifically related to shields. Please be patient as we work through some outliers.

Ingame data is what it is, and any discrepancies should be reported here, as you and many others do. Many thanks for those helpful, constructive reports

The Wiki is going through a behind-the-scenes overhaul of the datamining, an immense task in setup (code generation) and less so once the code is in place and QC’d. Testerle has taken on all of this and more. If it were me, I would be overwhelmed.

I would offer that Wiki comments will get quicker attention on the fan-based Discord, in the Wiki channel.

Regards

jim

The missing armor is either a bug or sth went terrible wrong shifting it to agility…

Because as I wrote, that was already discovered at testlive:

1 Like

Hi @jot29, thanks for bringing this to attention again. We’ve tested all shields in-game prior to the big update, then on TestLive and then on live again. I can definitely confirm that all shields which had any form of armor bonus (and there were several) have lost it and this has not been fixed yet. The only exception is still Black Bruargh’s Fury, which makes zero sense of course. Would really love to get an update on when this will potentially be addressed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.