Server crash issues

Game mode: [Online
Problem: [Crash
Region: North American
Server: Official pvp server 3559

Hello funcom,

It’s been around 2 months now that we have been having multiple issues with the server 3559. Let it be during the loading screen where we see our character for a second and then get disconnected with a message saying lost connection to the server. We have to try to log in 4 to 6 times before it actually works. After that, there’s many crashes due to the loading of materials and thralls when we get to our base that the game always crashes without expectation. If you are in the base for at least one hour, we crash at least 3 to 5 times. With the issues of logging in it makes it almost impossible to login…

I seen you had multiple patches with crashes related but it’s been over two months this issue and it’s still not fixed.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Log into an official server.
  2. Make a huge base with lots of foundations
  3. Capture and place lots of thralls and equip them with gears to defend the base.
  4. Capture lots of pets too, as they defend the base too.

Hello @Jpbob1, welcome to the forums!

We always focus on dealing with crashes and usually prioritize ones that are most reported and that we’re able to reproduce on our end as well. The crash reports we receive are also helpful and often assist us in pinpointing the less obvious ones.

Regarding your report, we’ll need additional details in order to help us determine the cause:

• PS4 Model
  • HDD or SSD
  • Wired or Wireless connection
  • Is your console stable playing other demanding games?
  • Does it exhibit any signs of overheating?
  • Do you also have performance issues playing Single Player or in a different server?

Some screenshots or a video of the area where most crashes happen would be great.

A possible way of mitigating the issue is to log in areas with few buildings and thralls, and you may also try to reduce the amount of light sources, npcs and even building pieces, if possible, as the crashes are in many cases caused by high amounts of placeables in the same area.

Although we don’t have any sort of building limit even for online servers, there are certain bases that push the hardware to its limits, especially on consoles, leading to these sorts of issues.

I have the 2nd generation of ps4. Wired connection. Internal HDD that came with my ps4. No additional hard drives. I played multiple games online and offline which never caused this much crashes and login issues. My ps4 doesn’t show any overheating issues as if it would, it would shutdown as it has a protection mechanic to automatically shutdown if it’s close to overheat.

The issue occurs in our base near “the tradeway”. On the west of it to be exact. And yes the game is having loading issues as we have lots of placeables and npcs which is normal in a pvp server as we always get hit and lose our stuff if we don’t have a extremely good base. But we didn’t have this issue before 2 months ago and we were still in the same base before.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.