Server Fatal Errors due to item issue

Possible workaround for the items that exist on servers which the BP location changed… Specifically Serialization, if you don’t have a Serialization error with an item id, this is not applicable.

Disclaimer here, I’ve tested this workaround on my private DBs and not on any heavily populated server. It deleted the items I wanted, and seemed to have no negative effect, but as always, keep a backup of anything before you go making changes.

That said, it deleted the items I want deleted

You should also always stop the server before copying the DB.

Not all hosts allow SQL queries, batch files, etc, so we’ll do this simply. We’ve seen this with bandages (ID 18400), so we’ll start there.

I pull the DB down from my host (FTP, or whatever), then toss it in my local system under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved

In that same directory, we have sqlite3.exe, open that.

Type .open DBname.db (In my case, .open DLC_Siptah.db)

Type Select item_inventory.template_id From item_inventory Where item_inventory.template_id == 18400;

This returns something like, this is just showing that you have that item:
sqlite> Select item_inventory.template_id From item_inventory Where item_inventory.template_id == 18400;

To DELETE them Type: DELETE FROM item_inventory WHERE item_inventory.template_id == 18400;

You can run the select statement again to confirm - which should return no output.

After running this I no longer had healing wraps in any chest or character, but everything else was intact.

Let me know if anyone tries this and how it works out, if it turns out to cause issues (Remember where I said to make a backup), let me know and I’ll remove the tip :slight_smile:

From Gabriela, more problematic item ids:
delete from item_inventory where template_id = 18400;
delete from item_inventory where template_id = 18401;
delete from item_inventory where template_id = 53502;
delete from item_inventory where template_id = 53001;
delete from item_inventory where template_id = 18293;
delete from item_inventory where template_id = 19605;
delete from item_inventory where template_id = 19606;

2 Likes