Server reset today caused my toon to die and lost a few important items

Game mode: Online Official
Type of issue: Today’s Server Reset Killed my character
Server type: PVP
Region: Eastern

I prepped for the new update today, gearing my character to be ready to head out quickly. I logged out safely in my workshop. When I logged in today I saw in the logs that the server reset and then I died to a quick change in temperature. This happened while I was offline and my character had been in the same spot safely for the previous 5+ hours.

I took a screenshot of my event logs but the forums say new players cannot upload screenshots. Where should I send the information?

Hello @Saltaf, welcome to the forums!

Even when you’re offline, your character can still die to extreme heat or cold while sleeping, which is not an issue but an intended mechanic.

We’d suggest checking for any temperature effects before exiting the game, as well as depositing all your inventory in a chest in order to prevent any possible loss of items should something happen to their characters while you’re offline. It’s also recommended not to sleep close to heat sources such as furnaces, and be aware that they provide heat even when above or below the area they’ve been placed in.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.