Share your Shelter

I wish FC would increase building health again so that we can see cool builds like this on PvP servers.

We made Solitude for our first Siptah try server.

17 Likes

Awesome! Looks convincing

1 Like

Stone Keep

(Lore building) Lore I am working on for the server, stone keep is the work of human masionary utilizing dwarven aid, metals and stone from the underground in the time it was built. That is the theme.

Screenshot (94)

9 Likes

Quite the eclectic build! Took me a minute to really take in it’s design (it’s the sandstone) but that is really impressive and unique.

1 Like

I think the greatest thing about this game is the ability of creativity in graphics for a low level of the mechanical understanding to be accomplish in such ease and a way shorter time frame.
Screenshot (115)

Screenshot (100)

gapping mouth openings on the keep was by design for balusters. The mechanics being the graphics creation/engine ability to do mundane work.

(Lore building) Lore I am working on for the server, stone keep is the work of human masionary utilizing dwarven aid, metals and stone from the underground in the time it was built. That is the theme.

3 Likes

So - I assume that using walls and fences to raise adjacent foundation pieces 1/4 of their height being common knowledge - did people know that fence foundations follow this method but in increments of 1/8th? Do single-layer rooms feel too claustrophobic with the camera? Slap a ring of this around the base and it gives your camera just enough breathing room.

Also - it’s low enough that you can just walk right over it (well, from the inside).

EDIT: more mucking about. this time with foundation pieces encased in fence foundations and a ceiling tile place inside. My mind reels at the possibilities.

EDIT 2: I’m already starting to think on ways to revise it - like see if I can remove the ceiling tile and make a foundation line up with the fence foundation so there’s better transference of stability to the pillar.

8 Likes

Castle is live now on Siptah 6011
Still working on the rest, the castle alone was 25k bricks already haha

5 Likes

I have many follow-up questions and do not want to derail. Would you consider starting a thread devoted to “Fence Foundies and their responsible, legal use?” This comes from a position of high impressedness, in a thread where so many glorious builds are just blowing me away. I love what I see! :purple_heart:

1 Like

I want to make a few tests first with LBPR turned off to make doubly sure it’s all on the up-and-up. There’s a sort of shrine platform I made last night that I don’t have any screens of yet that I know wouldn’t be possible because I had to overlap some stairs.

2 Likes

There’s definitely some limitations when not using LBPR, but ‘vanilla’ building does often have workarounds to achieve the same result, if not quite as aesthetically pleasing.

So inspiring to see all these builds, you’re all incredibly talented! Wish I could be more creative and think outside of the box, unfortunately I’m more of a decorator/designer than a builder, I love building structures, but just can’t come up with such creative designs as these ones!

The previously mentioned shrine platform, though this is the stairway leading down to the water behind the shrine. Still all in sandstone (eventually it’ll be turanian) as even in SP using the admin console is anathema to me.

EDIT: This is why I disable the purge in my game. I’m just shy of lvl 19 and I only just now put down some of my workbenches. I’d be getting raided by hyenas if I didn’t. I haven’t even gone out and gotten any iron yet, lol.

more edits so I don’t keep making new posts:

The shrine looks a bit more solid now with it upgraded and starting to replace a few bits with stonebrick.

A shot of my forge and ‘new employee orientation’ area. I always try to put the wheels by water. I may be enslaving them, but I’m not so much of a monster that they can’t have nice views.

6 Likes

Current work in progress, no interior pics, needs a bit of work still :smiley:

8 Likes

Nice. I always want to use the arched pieces that the arena set has but a lot of times the fact that they’re tied to t3 building sets means that between my attention span and tendency to restart SP saves I don’t get to fully utilize all those DLC packs I bought, lol.

I love it

After giving Mek-Kamoses a visit, I figured I’d start erecting a temple to Set in opposition to that one Mitraen spot near the arena. I’m finding that in order to use the smaller step adjusted foundations to walk up to other levels, you need to sort of think about how you’ll be placing them about 3-4 steps in advance.

I may at some point just make a circle with each piece risen gradually just to see what it looks like.

EDIT: I violated my ‘no admin’ stricture because I got impatient and wanted to see what it’d look like with the argossean pillars. The geography conspired against my initial plans for a fearful symmetry, though. The doric columns are nice, certainly… but cough stygian building sets plz cough. Sorry, had something in my throat.

6 Likes

Wiped my SP exiled lands game because I broke my personal ‘no admin building’ rule and rendered it forfeit. Same spot but different stuff. I have a tendency to lay out these massive platforms without any real idea of what I’m actually going to be building on them.

Edit: I may be starting to lose control.

4 Likes

You’re using LBPR, right? I’m asking because of those stairs in the “corner”. I don’t think I’ve ever been able to build that in vanilla.

1 Like

Yeah. I normally just use it for stairs like that and squeezing benches closer together.

2 Likes