Shield and one handed wield/unwield bug

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: EU

So after today’s (01.14.) hotfix on flooding and crash issues, I logged back in, to 1036 official server to continue farming in New Asagarth when I noticed that now the wield/unwield button is broken on a shield / one handed combo, but also appears with tools too, not just weapons. The bug itself is that when both the shield and the weapon is out, the wield/unwield button will cause the shield to stay in the character’s hand and disappears from the hotbar slot it’s in, while the 1h weapon disappears from the right hand, but remains in the hotbar. If you press the wield/unwield button again, the shield returns to the hotbar, if you press it again, it pulls out the shield, but not the weapon it was combod with. I have asked 3 other people on the server to try and reproduce the bug and all of them had it. The weapon/tool and shield can be still used as before if you use their hotbar button separately, but it’s really annoying to have to use 2 buttons instead of 1 specifically designed to pull out both at the same time.

1. Put a shield and a one hadned weapon or a tool into your hotbar and equip both so they are in your character’s hands

2. Press the wield/unwield button, shield disappears from hotbar, stays in hand, remains fully functional. Weapon stays in hotbar, disappears from hand.

3.Press wield/unwield button again, character returns to idle standing, nothing in hands, shield reappears on the hotbar.

4.Press wield/unwield button again, character pulls out shield but not the weapon/tool it was paired with.

1 Like

I am having this same issue. The unarmed/hand to hadn combat is also bugged. It’s been mentioned on the hotfix discussion thread.

Same here on a private server. Also, my character is walking in full 360 degrees instead of walking backwards/strafing. If I raise my shield it locks him back facing only forward. Disabling controller style movement makes no difference.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.