Shields w/Swords doing damage?

So I switched to Sword and Board and my shield bashes don’t do squat. Switched back to Axe and Shield and it started working again. This happening to anybody else?

Short sword? It does not have a shieldbash if I remember correctly (on lights definately no, but heavy finisher?). With regular swords, heavy finishers work fine for me.

I was using Predatory Blade and then Lusttaker (same results with both). I also noticed that the heavy opener (the lunging stab) wasn’t doing jack to enemies. Light, heavy shield lunge, light, Heavy Shield lunge. Every sequence only the light attacks did any sort of damage.

Same shield, switched to an axe and used the same sequence, the shield was taking chunks of health off.

Predatory blade is one you can’t get a good read on heavy attacks.

The Predatory Blade only does 1pt of damage with heavy attacks.

And the shield itself does not do damage still.
The final hit damage is calculated from the weapon’s damage if I remember correctly.

I’ll run some more tests tonight. Didn’t realize PB was jacked on heavy attacks.

Yeah it’d be a tad OP if it wasn’t :grin:

For an added bonus, some people put blunt fittings on them so they can use the heavy attack to knock out NPCs with without killing them.

3 Likes

That should go to this thread too! I will try it today :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.