Shift-Drag Precision split not functioning, having to resort to press split button 10x?

What is the new keybind for precision split? i am no longer able to put 30 stone into a box from a stack of 1000 anymore, i have to spam the split button and put a random amount near the number i want?

i cant kind the key. why is it not working? this is not good.

2 Likes

Simple answer - this is an intentional change because the devs stated that they don’t use the function, so therefore no one else uses it. We’ve been telling them for weeks that this was a terrible idea…

2 Likes

well so in fact they were saying they were not playing game, becayse absolutely every players use it…well were using it…

3 Likes

in short - yes…

Seriously? LOL Well, at least I know it’s not a bug and won’t waste a ticket on it.

Oh feel free to report away - the more complaints they receive the more chance they actually realise this was a bad idea.

2 Likes

The loss of the Shift + Drag function for inventory management is nearly game-breaking for me.

When you hope to achieve many of the tasks within this game, the ability to specify the specific number of items to transfer IN or OUT of a container or player inventory is nearly essential. This is especially so, when considering stack sizes and the precise numbers required to craft things.

• You want to create 100 gruel (one stack). There is a campfire with fuel and seeds within it. You move 50 plant fiber in before lighting the campfire.

• You want to create 6 chests, you retrieve 90 shaped wood and 30 iron reinforcement from storage.

• You want to create 5 Heavy Padding in an Improved Armorer’s Bench, you deposit 150 Thick Hide.

Surely, there are cases where having a surplus of items might be fine, especially when depositing into a workbench or long-term storage, but mostly the goal is to avoid bringing excess material into the player’s backpack inventory, so you don’t have to deposit it somewhere later for storage, or discard it.

Right now I am extremely displeased with this game as I have a disaster of items in my inventory. Trying to move just a few seeds from my compost bin, I had 176 seeds, I wanted just 5. Moving the seeds into my inventory was necessary if I want to split, but I can’t just split until I see precisely 5, then moving the remaining seeds back into the position they ended up in a place I didn’t want them. This is inventory hell, which is the opposite of fun.

2 Likes

We are not only offered to divide into 2 piles of, for example, one pile with 1000 items (right-click many times), and then put some stacks in order to get the right number of items.
We also need to have a lot of free space in the player’s inventory, chest, and workbench.
And then stupidly put unnecessary piles in a one big unnecessary pile, because no one will do it for you.
And you know what?
If you are wrong, you need to start the whole process all over again. It’s really DUMB.
In a game where we have limited inventory, sorting is broken and small filter icons do not filter, but only highlight items scattered throughout the inventory. Oh yes, we still have limited leveling points and not everyone has a level 20 Skill of “Expertise” and a “Beast of Burden” skill.

• “Beast of Burden” skill is not working properly. In the description, when overloading, you should DODGE at NORMAL speed, but no, you are very much slowed down. We were even tricked here.
1 Like

:brazil: Conan Exiles feedback pc xbox ps4 bug

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.