Short Stories - Exiled Jack (+more)

Lost Sisters - Screams (6/7)

Dear diary,

What have I done? I’m proud of myself but I really shouldn’t! The traps worked, knocked the beast down - it was wild, smelled like a hyena and screaming terribly. I finished this creature with a spear.
It didn’t look human - at least until morning.*

As dawn began, I recognized my sister’s beautiful hair. I don’t know what happened to Elajza, she went wild and covered with fur, but it was my little sister.

I buried her under a tree with my bare hands - I don’t know what else to do.

previous | story first page | [up] thread first post | next

3 Likes

Lost Sisters - Masquerade (7/7)

Dear Elajza,

I scattered the pages of the diary - let them explore the world. Don’t worry, I won’t leave you anymore and build a house here. When the time is right, we’ll meet again and dance like at a baron’s masquerade.

It was a beautiful ball, golden dresses, music and a sea of ​​wine. Do you remember when the baron proposed to you? You rejected him and bit his nose. Then I poured that wine over him - I knew if one of us married him, we would never see each other again. But fate separated us anyway.

I can’t wait for next dance. But this time do not bite anyone, you did it yesterday and it itches a lot.

I know you didn’t expect such an ending, but these lands are not friendly or fair at all.
Next time we will visit the far sea… just for blood.

removed screenshot

previous | story first page | [up] thread first post | next (making-of)

3 Likes

:see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil: :cookie:

A few news...

Close to the release of Just for Blood, you can expect the Making-of for Exiled Jack and Lost Sisters. There I will explain some details and reveal a few secrets.

For those who haven’t read previous short-s :shorts: (Exiled Jack, Lost Sisters and soon Just for Blood) yet, I warn you that Chains of Darkness will feature characters from these stories!

That’s not all, I am already announcing the next adventure that will take place in the Underworld.

Get ready for the Corrupted Archive preview:

(…) I don’t know who would like to live here of their own free will, yet people build bridges and hanging fortresses here.

If I want to go through a spider’s domain, I have to find an outcast they call…
“Block Spammer” - just by the name, I hate him already.

The Babylon Horde will come last - if I ever get to it. :flushed:

2 Likes

In view of my second year :cake: anniversary :partying_face: since I entered the forum, I have a special one-page :page_with_curl: story for you all.

Puzzle Trap (single)

I found out about a lonely golden gates that could hide an equally shiny treasures inside.
The mechanism that opens it consists of four levers that must be pulled in the right order.

I did not care about the screams of the unfortunates who somehow got trapped inside. I tested all the combinations and finally it’s time for me to fall into the trap too…

…the sand has revealed a hidden chamber just below the gate, my leg is broken and I can only count on the help I haven’t provided myself a moment ago.

If there is a corpse of a well-armed man next to this piece of paper,
congratulations. HA! You’ve found the author.

Good luck, screaming won’t help - I’ve already tried.

[up] thread first post | next

3 Likes

Making-of Exiled Jack (spoilers)

:warning: Spoilers: The following text contains spoilers about the Exiled Jack story, and may also contain spoilers about the game itself, which inspired me to write it.

The following text...

At the very beginning, I want to say why I delayed writing another story for so long :sweat_smile: - it was because of Jack. I told myself that I would see how long it would take for Jack to receive 10 hearts :white_heart:, so I waited. In a year, Jack received 3 likes :heart: and I am not surprised that during this time a lot of cool topics were created in the Creative Corner section and Jack was not an outstanding work at all, but a short story. After this time, I realized that I wanted to write something much more than just receive any hearts. This is a breakthrough for this thread.

I know that I am not great at writing in English, so I also wanted to match the character with my skills, which are not free from spelling and grammar errors. Jack had to be an outcast, an ignoramus, a barbarian thinking only of survival, fighting and, of course, revenge - he could hardly write. I was even determined to make a few mistakes on purpose just to make the character more credible.

But why was Exiled Jack even made? Do you remember Building Contest: Tiny Homes Edition? The grand prize was 6 months of server and although I wasn’t counting on this prize, I knew if I won it, I want to use it well and create more than just a server open to everyone. I would create a lot of buildings on my server that players could destroy and loot, I would like to organize events and create a unique experience for everyone.
I thought :thought_balloon: that the Exiled Lands could be invaded by the armies of Babylon, surround the New Asagarth with siege, build a great pyramid in the desert and wall around the safe zone, as if the army actually caught newcomers to work in the mine (It is possible that someday I will describe the ideas that were supposed to be happening on the server in the form of short stories). Exiled Jack was supposed to be a series of notebooks that I would add to the server, the photos next to the notes show the exact places where those logs would go and I actually wanted to leave Jack’s equipment in the chest for players to find. Of course it ended with a runner up prize, but I wrote the story so I could publish it.

Will you be shocked when I say that Jack’s story is not a fantasy, but a science fiction? Suggested by a certain NPC to talk to in the Exiled Lands, which suggests that not all characters and events in the game make sense or proper chronology, and I took advantage of this disorder. Jack has so much to do with his father as if they were really one person, at some point he go back in time. However, I didn’t want to impose science fiction on anyone, so I turned a few photos on the notes so that father and son would have eye patch on two different sides. I wanted to explain the whole story so that the father deceived his son that he was himself - it was not difficult because the children often repeat their parents’ mistakes. After all, the story could have been an ordinary fantasy and science fiction story, at the same time. The reader chooses for himself whether he believes in Jack’s time travel or not.

For me, Jack is a victim and a real villain :japanese_goblin: of this story is the environment / people around that oppressed Jack for his father’s actions. This is how I wanted to highlight the hate that is present not only on the Internet, but also unnecessary aggression on a daily basis, on the roads, in the media and so on. I believe that the main catalyst for this is not understanding each other, if we were to try to understand each other more, we could cooperate instead of drifting apart.

Showing / explaining / expressing yourself :clown_face: to others what and why you are doing something, why it is important to you, is needed for understanding :heart_eyes: to arise.

I will write another Making-of (about the Lost Sisters) soon and reveal further plans for my stories.

previous | story first page | [up] thread first post | next story (Lost Sisters)

2 Likes

Tribal Wisdom (single/crossover)

Wisdom must be passed on to future generations.

Bad things happen, strange women smell bad.

First woman appears in the water, naked, smells bad - bad omen.
Second woman, got lost, eaten by Yeti, smells strange - bad omen.
Third woman appears in a shining cloud, light hair,
sword on back, kill cannibals, smells like death - good smell.

After these events, my stick broke - very bad.

When these signs appear, don’t try to eat women, leave the village, save your stick.
Here is ours tribal wisdom.

:memo: Note: Hope to be on time :hourglass: with Just for Blood by the end :dizzy_face: of the weekend. :sweat_smile: First, the Making-of Lost Sisters.

previous | [up] thread first post | next

2 Likes

Making-of Lost Sisters (spoilers)

:warning: Spoilers : The following text contains spoilers about the Lost Sisters story, and may also contain spoilers about the game itself, which inspired me to write it.

The following text...

The Lost Sisters story also began with the Babylon Horde, just like story of the Exiled Jack. You can draw an almost straight line, along which the notes would lie, from the start area to Devil’s Squat where the story ends.

I built all the stories from the end, trying to come up with an interesting ending, so knowing the brutal ending of the Sisters, I added a bit of humor in the middle. The thing that attacked the slave hunters camp was neither a Yeti nor a bear, it was just a werehyena. Between the starting point and the last note is The Den, where you can find werehyenas.

The first of my stories received a screenshot with each text, the Sisters don’t have it anymore, because it seemed to me that not all of them matched the texts. I decided to only add a poster with the title to each story.

The future of the thread...

The future is simple - more :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: texts. I want to combine all the stories so far into one large, unbreakable story. Maybe :sneezing_face: except for one-pages. They can be used to comment on current events in the game and on the forum. I also want to add characters from other universes, but I will not reveal where they come from - you can try guess for yourself. :sunglasses:

previous | story first page | [up] thread first post | next story (Just for Blood)

2 Likes

I really enjoyed your primary comic section way. I love your stories, but they are more attractive when you add pictures on them. I love the connection of playing and visioning the stories. Maybe you are the one that bravely open your hidden thoughts when you play this game but I believe that almost every player does. This game is so open to these thoughts. Especially when you play solo in your single player. It triggers childish fantasy helping us forget real life problems. @Croms_Faithful is an original single player here, I bet my right arm this happens to him too.

Thank you @fito keep it going please :+1:t6:

2 Likes

Just for Blood - Crash (1/8)

When I got on the ship, pretending to be an old sailor limping on one leg, I began to feel like I was in the old days. Cunning and unstoppable - I could defeat any opponent and satisfy any woman.

As we traveled, I drew a few new islands on the map to change course and poisoned the navigator so he wouldn’t think clearly. When finally the wind began to tear the sails, I was able to step out of my role and make sure we reach the final destination of the ship.

I smashed the oil lamp on the deck boards and pulled out the dagger from my boot. The helmsman’s blood spurted onto my coat. Ship’s rudder dripped by oil quickly caught the fire.
There was no turning back. We’ll crash on this damn(!) island - as I planned.

I would be worried if it were not for the fact that I was sinking ships and drifting on the wreckage many times already.

It’s in my blood.

previous (Lost Sisters) | story first page | [up] thread first post | next

2 Likes

Just for Blood - Dogs (2/8)

The sea washed ashore entire ship’s cargo. The wind was blowing so hard it ripped off the crew’s clothes - I hadn’t seen as many bare buttocks since the theater brawl when we were about to kidnap a wealthy baron. Instead of that, we blew up the beehive and watched the actors run away. Nevertheless… Though I was prepared for it, the coat had a few new holes. I have to patch them up whenever I have the opportunity.

When the wild dogs chewed the bones of the drowned people, they pounced on us - the sailors, I mean, no wise animal would come near me and my crossbow. My coat pockets hide more than one secret - you know?!

There was a steep hill nearby, and when I climbed it, I realized that I was not pretending to be an old sailor - I am one. As I took a deep breath on the top, I noticed the smoke of a fire in the distance. It’s time to hurry up and steal a horse, or squeeze some information from the natives - I didn’t crash here for vacation, and time is not my ally.

I’ll pay with blood for all my mistakes.

@stelagel I can’t promise that screenshots will appear with all texts :zipper_mouth_face: maybe with just a few :thinking: Take a look at the newly added graphics for Lost Sisters (2/7) :point_left: :wink:

2 Likes

Just for Blood - Lust (3/8)

I slowly sneak up to the campsite. The natives looked through the loot collected from the wreckage on the beach. I took a few pieces of meat from the fire and untied the horse. However, my attention was caught by a sword with a wavy blade. Calmly I grasped the sword’s hilt and lifted it upwards, the setting sun reflected off its blade, which caught the attention of the looters. The horse ran away, the natives rushed at me, I split one with a strong blow of the sword - it was perfectly balanced.

I started swinging this decorated blade so much that the looters were afraid to come near. I cut off the fringe of the long-haired man - along with a piece of his skull. Then I cut off the hand of the man holding the stick, and cut off the stick from man holding a hammer - I couldn’t stop, it was such a great sword!

When at last only the woman remained, I slowly raised my sword over her head and calmly slipped it into the buckle on the back of my cloak. I spared her, but she wouldn’t let me go - after all, I slaughtered all her companions. She hit me on the face, kicked me, and spat on my shoe. We started struggling and I realized she wanted the sword back - that was all it was, but I didn’t want to get rid of it. The woman finally tore my coat off - I don’t know when our fight turned into hugs and kisses.

I feel young again - my blood is bubbling up like never before.

:warning: From now on, all graphics containing at least 6 and a half pixels of human or animal nudity :mankini: will be clearly blurred - because perfection requires ruthlessness.

2 Likes

Just for Blood - Ash (4/8)

We finally broke the language barrier, Ash - that’s the name of the woman who tries to kill me and retrieve that wavy sword every night - told me about the ships that come here. We traveled the western part of the island, collecting clues and searching for information. She also talked about the monsters hidden in the storm. I know she saw something, but she isn’t sure what it was - I wish not to know myself. However, it doesn’t matter.

I finally know where to look for you. When we meet, I’ll hit you in the face and then we’ll talk - it won’t be a pleasant meeting.

If Ash wants to get the sword back, she has to keep following me, and I have to be on my guard - otherwise there will be blood and I’m not sure whose…

2 Likes

Just for Blood - Slap (5/8)

I finally found you, when you kindly wake up, I’ll make you read all my journals - so you know how hard it was to find this forgotten island!

Your jaw is hard, my hand hurts, but I don’t regret it - you deserved a beating.

Get ready to meet Ash. She is just as wild like you and cannot be trusted - exactly like you.

The storm is approaching, time is pressing. The secrets are that they don’t like to be hidden forever and you end up paying twice the price for them. Someday you’ll appreciate what I’ve done, maybe you’ll understand why I spilled a whole sea of blood on the way here.

2 Likes

Just for Blood - Exit (6/8)

Well, maybe you can read my journals later.

The time has come. A portal to another part of the world has appeared in the sky - this is our exit. We’ll make a fire and fill my coat with warm air. It was hard to wear, but it is not only good armor, but also a means of transport - a balloon.

I calculated everything carefully, if you haven’t gained weight in the last few months, we’ll both get off this damn island! Otherwise, one of us will have to jump out.

We have to leave Ash here, but she’ll be fine - and furious probably.

For your safety, I will bind you, we don’t want surprises and neither rain of blood along the way.

:memo: Because I posted only one page last weekend, this time I’ll post more: Just for Blood finale; one-page Break Time!; Thieves Love first page. And next week, I’ll start Chains of Darkness at last. :+1:

2 Likes

Just for Blood - Hole (7/8)

What in the name of gods is that?!
Another portal has appeared in the sky and tentacles are sticking out of it.

Everything went wrong. I had to jump out because I didn’t have time to patch those holes in my coat. The balloon was exhaling and moving rapidly.

I’ve seen tentacles grab you and pull you through the portal. And you are now… I don’t know where, but it’s nothing - I’ll find you even if I have to go through another hell and shed the blood of all demons.

If you want to know where the idea for the balloon came from.

2 Likes

Just for Blood - Blood (8/8)

I know it will be a long time before you read this, but I have to write it. I must keep a warm memory of you.

Everything I did, I did for you and I will find you wherever you get lost. I will not stop looking for you, Daughter.

My only concern is that you will not be able to control the strength our family holds.
You can summon a power that can stand up to anyone, resist even the gods.

I will prepare myself and let be caught by the tentacles. I will follow where you are.

Blood bonds are the strongest bonds, although they cannot be touched or seen.

I’ll do anything… just for the blood.

This is the end of a story that takes place on that damned island - will it continue elsewhere? Read the following stories carefully. Applause for the male lead role: Beastmaster Teimos - have you noticed it?

previous | story first page | [up] thread first post

2 Likes

Break Time! (single)

Finally, the day has come for a break. I’ve been waiting for that since the fight with the huge crocodile.

We went to the only place where you can dance and get drunk without looking back. But the guard stopped us from entering, saying something about the companions limit. And what happened? She just broke bond with me! She took all my gear and just left me outside!

Others may have followed her because it was easier to survive, I just loved her. Without her, I feel even more naked - furious.

But I will survive it! I will find good weapon, find strong allies, and raid her stronghold in a bloody purge!

Mommy said: “Write down your bad thoughts and they will pass.” - it didn’t help, Mom, it didn’t help…

previous | [up] thread first post | next

2 Likes

Thieves Love - Luxuriance (1/3)

Beloved,

do you remember how I whispered in your ear that I want to achieve a lot in my life and I know how to do it? I want to be the greatest thief in the world. That’s why I borrowed a few golden statues from you. I will not become a thief if I get married and live the life of a rich baron’s wife.

I hope you understand…
Loving Sahana

:mag: Looking at the previous series, I see that readers like short stories more. Therefore, I will try to write less pages and publish them as close as possible. All Thieves Love should be published today! :eyes:

previous (Just for Blood) | story first page | [up] thread first post | next

2 Likes

Thieves Love - Richness (2/3)

Beloved,

it’s been a long time, I don’t know how I could get away from you then. But the time has come when we’ll finally see each other again.

I didn’t manage to become the greatest thief, but now I have other plans, all related to you. I come back and I will not go away. I thought about you and your strong arms every day.

Hope you kept my letters.
Loving Sahana

2 Likes

Thieves Love - Fortune (3/3)

Dear Sahana,

remember when I said that I would become the most powerful man that everyone is afraid of?
I have achieved my goal.

Recently I acquired a relic of an older race that you probably heard about and that’s why you came back. Thanks to this artifact, I was able to make a profitable deal - I am sending people to the underworld.

By memory for the old days, I leave you all the letters you wrote in all those lonely years.

Better if you don’t come back Sahana.
Your beloved Baron.

:information_source: Sahana’s story will be continued in the Corrupted Archive :kissing_heart:

previous | story first page | [up] thread first post | next (Chains of Darkness)

2 Likes