Sigil of the Outsider Causes Player to Trigger 'Gaining Corruption' Effect Near Dancers

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: NA
Region: NA
Mods?: No
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

If the player has the Sigil of the Outsider active(which removes corruption) and comes in the effect radius of any friendly dancer(which removes corruption), the screen effects and popup notification for ‘gaining corruption’ appear briefly on the screen. There should be no effect in this case.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Launch a game on Isle of Siptah
  2. Acquire the Sigil of the Outsider
  3. Activate the sigil
  4. Go say hi to a friendly dancer
  5. Observe the erroneous status message and screen effects
2 Likes

Well done for figuring that one out. I noticed the effect had come back, but had no idea what was triggering it.

1 Like

for as long as I can remember, dancers have always given me a couple of seconds where I gained corruption before they removed it again.
This can be looked upon as a bug or a feature.
The reason I also call it a feature is because when I am fast levelling a new character, I initially do the usual things things to finish journey steps to gain xp, and some of the journey steps require you to visit certain places on the map including Sepermeru, and while I am at Sepermeru I always visit Conan and his 3 dancers, and usually I do not have any corruption on me, but the dancers give me corruption for a few seconds and the then remove it again, this unlocks a journey step called “Cleanse corruption by watching an entertainer”

Unless there is something specific about that sigil that gives you corruption in a different way or more severe, maybe not removing it again then I think we are talking about the same thing, which has been in the game for a very long time, long before Siptah even was a thought in the mind of the devs :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been to Sepermeru and visited Conan, and haven’t ever noticed my character gaining corruption. Is it possible that you passed through the unnamed city, or an Obelisk before getting to the Tavern? If you went from Noob River, you would most likely activate the Obelisk at the Dregs entrance since it’s on the way. I would bet that’s where you picked up a little corruption that then got cleansed.

As for the bug I reported: I tested it, so I’m certain it’s the sigil. I tamed a dancer and put her in my base. All cleansing worked normally. If I had corruption, she cleansed it normally. If I had no corruption, approaching her had no effect. I then went and got the sigil of the outsider and the purple ‘gaining corruption’ effect and message appeared when approaching the same dancer. I then died so that the sigil was removed, and approached the dancer again with no effect.

Normally the Sigil of the outsider cleanses corruption as though there were a dancer nearby. Somehow when the two effects overlap, it briefly triggers the graphics for the opposite.

1 Like

I’ve definitely previously had the effect that Frillen describes - however, I thought I’d had a period of time without it (which is why I suggested in my earlier comment that it was ‘back’). I definitely noticed it again in my Siptah game, where I had the sigil - so it seems it may not be ‘back’ in quite the same form as before, but still the same effect.

It may have happened a couple of times that I went through UC, but I’ve probably levelled more than 50 characters in my 4½ years in this game, and I’ve always noticed the gaining corruption message corruption by Conan’s dancers just before I got cleansed again :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.