Single player(solo/co-op) is not working & stuck on load screen

Game mode: [ Single-player)]
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: | Bug |
Server type: [Enter one of the following: Offline single player (solo/co-op)

Infinite load screen appears when selecting single player (solo/co-op) offline. I have the game installed on an external hard drive as im using a alienware M15 R2 laptop so my space in very limited. I have had this issue for months now. This game was working fine on the external hard drive until sometime before an update that happened late last year.

I have found a temporary solution which is do a clean uninstall then reinstall the game. Game works fine until i restart the laptop or unplug the external hard drive then i need to repeat the process every time which the game being large, reinstalling it every time i want to play is not good.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Install Conan exiles on an external hard drive
  2. Load game then exit game.
  3. Restart pc and/or unplug external hard drive then plug it back in
  4. Load game & select single player(solo/co-op) & it will be stuck on load screen

Hi @Evilplay666!

Did you try “verify game files”, after you restart andbefore you play?

Hi

I just tried & i still have the issue after verified files says 100% successful. Other games on the external hard drive are working fine so i don’t think it’s that.

1. Are you able to connect to any official servers in this state? (unselect mods first if you have any)

2. To try few more things on your local game:

If you have some progress on your local game that you do not want to lose, make a backup.
location would be something like
X:.…\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved

Not to go into too much detail, simply make a backup of whole “saved” folder.

Next steps will not yield a direct solution, but could point to source(s) of the problem. Presuming you have made a backup of your game or you do not care about the progress made:

• if you use mods, unselect them and try single player game without them.
  • if that works, you can try adding mods one by one to see if one of them causes the problem.
  • Regardless if you have mods or not: I presume after restart, you try to continue an existing game. If so, could you try starting a new single player game?
  1. There could also be an update of Windows, drivers or your Antivirus that would cause the problem. On that point you can try (on your own risk !! ) disabling antivirus for a short time or adding exception to game location and try to play.

Found the problem. I turned my anti-virus off & single player is working so it seems that was the cause. Anybody would of been confused as online play was not effected & i was able to enter online servers, it was only single player that i could not enter.
Thanks so much for the help & much appreciated :slight_smile:

Glad to be of assistance. :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.