Singleplayer always starting at 12:00

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Misc
Server type: PvE
Region: America (Singleplayer?)

Whenever you start up singleplayer, the game always starts at exactly 12:00 (I am using the Improved Quality of Life mod along with a few others), no matter the time you closed the game at. I have disabled catch up time, however, this doesn’t seem to do anything at all in singleplayer. I’m not sure if this simply isn’t implemented (yet?)/intentional or if it is a bug/unintentional.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Start singleplayer game
  2. Wait any amount of time
  3. Exit to main menu
  4. Reopen singleplayer game and see it start at 12:00
1 Like

I believe it’s more or less intentional. Technically speaking, when you’re playing single player what you’re actually doing is restarting the server every time you log in and shutting it down every time you quit. The most straight forward way to “fix” that is to run your own private server that you don’t have to shutdown all the time.

FYI, catch up time is for new characters. It dictates what time a brand new character starts in so that new players aren’t beginning their journey in the middle of the night. Or so that they are, if you like to torture people.

1 Like

Alright, that makes sense really - didn’t really think of it as restarting a server. It would be nice if there was an option to start it at the same time you closed it at though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.