Siptah - Shadows Way Too Dark - Color too Contrasty = major eye strain and headaches

Game mode: [SELECT ONE] Online private
Type of issue: [SELECT ONE] Bug
Server type: [SELECT ONE] PvE
Region: [ NA ]
Mods?: [ Are mods installed: No ]
Edition: [ Select one: Steam ]

Bug Description:

My head and eyes are in massive amounts of pain after trying out Siptah. The shadows are so dark it’s like night time under the trees; the clouds moving across the sky trigger vertigo as I cannot slide their intensity down no matter what I try, and the color is way too contrasty in some party and washed out in others.
I have turned up my gamma ALL the way to fix the shadows but entering into my barely-lit base makes my eyes melt if the gamma is all the way up.

Exiled Lands is perfect.

A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

Installed Mods: None

If you answered ‘Yes’ to using mods, please list all your active mods. Otherwise, skip or delete this section.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Step 1 - log in and play. That’s it.
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3
  4. Etc.
1 Like

What type of video card and monitor do you have.

I see, interesting. Is that something on my end?

Would you know of any mods to balance this?

NVidia Control Panel or AMD’s Adrenalin?

1 Like

This is not your personal issue its Siptah issue, Exiled lands mostly fine (exept overbright Lemurian east green biome - Jungle) but on siphat you have places that have some graphic filter putted in it, they are too dark or too contrast.
It has NOTHING in common with monitor or gpu config, its purely Siptah lightning which is bad.

nice fire! compare its color to Exiled lands one. Its different. On SAME monitor.

Or look at this. Same house on Siptah and on Exiled lands
1 Siptah

2 Exiles

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.