So now Thralls need regular food?

What about people like me with a couple hundred thralls on my walls alone… It will take me a good hour to feed them all once a day… :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

I think there are things called Thrall pots being added as well that have a radius as you can put food in there so the Thralls can eat instead of going from Thrall to Thrall though one way I would improve upon this is letting an Archer Thrall or a new Thrall like a scavenger being added that will gather food over time with how much and how long it takes depending on the level as to make it less of a hassle as I have previously stated.

1 Like

I suppose we’ll have to use the Thrall pots or Feed Boxes to feed the crafter thralls since they don’t have an inventory. Wonder how large the effect radius of these items will be.

Wow, I think this just killed the game lol

1 Like

I doubt something like this will kill it.

Considering this is already a dead game, I guess you can’t kill something that’s already dead.

Everyone has their own point of view and I for one don`t see this game as dead already.

1 Like

You’re funny

Check steam charts :))))

It’s dead lol

Dont fret.
First: There is still gruel. I guess it will be more or less like on the wheel, when processing wont make any difference between the good stuff and gruel.
Second: The newsletter tells about stations to leave food inside. Those thralls will get their rations themselves… :wink:

You feed pets and thralls by putting food into their inventory, but there will also be special Feed Boxes and Thrall Pots that you can use to distribute food to them automatically. Any food will work as pet food and thrall food.

Ah, and forget about the “game dead?” question. I think lots of people will quickly dip their toes in the game to look at pets. Not for too long though… (As there still are horrible bugs. Which probably was reason #1 to quit for now.)

1 Like

I just did and it doesn`t seem dead at all, especially since there are over 7K people on and playing atm.

1 Like

It’s stone dead to the flavour-of-the-weekers (they put a lot of money in Funcom’s pocket when it first launched in EA way back when, bless 'em), now they’re off playing whatever is in vogue right now (probably that monster hunter game?). A lot of people have naturally gotten fed up with the multitude of bugs (let’s not kid ourselves), but that doesn’t constitute dead.

This is the stupidest thing the devs have ever cooked up. When casual players come back to their thralls all dead, after grinding for days to catch and break them, all those people are going to quit Conan for good.

But who cares, the game is dead. Servers are wastelands. Do you think people really want to waste more time logging in to feed dozens of thralls all the time? I sure as he11 won’t be doing it.

This is a game breaking thing on many levels. Devs. You had better nix the plan to have to feed thralls real fast and forget about it forever.

5 Likes

$0 bucks as do you really, really think I would be paid to post alternative facts?

How much server lag will all these feeding posts cause? Lets make people put out more stupid crap in and around all their bases and outposts!

1 Like

It’s ok, soon you’ll have to feed your foundations food too! So your base doesn’t get too big!

And all stored items will decay! Keep on farming!

4 Likes

To me it is just normal reactions as some people might not be use to it as that is why I have been trying to be creative and trying to show that we the posters can think of ways we can put in suggestions on how to improve said new mechanic (for example, me giving a suggestion of a new thrall or use of a thrall already in the game to make it less of a big hassle) to help the developers instead of acting like this. As what is better putting on our creative caps to help make the situation better or let our worries take control?

2 Likes

This dev team does have a knack of picking the literal worst ways to change their game to drive away players.

3 Likes

Lol, only funcom employees think it’s a great change.

1 Like

I have to wonder, if the game is dead, why are there still so many people posting?

Is there bugs, sure. And this will probly bring more, but it should at least get rid of all those homeless thralls.

3 Likes

It is interesting and unfortunate how this thread devolved into a “game is dead” tangent. That issue aside, I initially posted my dislike for this new change requiring thralls to be fed. While I still think this new mechanic blows, I did miss the part about the “thrall pots” which will apparently automatically disperse food to nearby thralls.

The “thrall pots” at least make this change digestible. However, it still comes with an element of grind that will detract from time better spent adventuring. For instance, what is the feed radius of the thrall pots – how many of those will we need to set up – how often will they need to be refilled? Additionally, the thrall pots will add clutter that needs to be rendered in, potentially compounding current lag/rendering issues. Furthermore, it adds another mechanic that may not work as intended – we can all hope that the “thrall pots” will actually work and our thralls won’t wrongly starve and decay away.

I’m not fond of fear-mongering posts, so I am loathe to really even post this. But, given the track record, I’d like FunCom to be extra super duper sure that the mechanic will work properly ON ALL PLATFORMS before implementing this change.