Sourge VS camps

I really miss some specifications on crafters. I have a really wealthy amount of ??? and eldarium . I am trying really hard on camps and I don’t have such good results. So should I start sourges for this? Is it better? If it is which sourges you suggest?
Thank you

1 Like

I try to shoot for the aesir surge, there’s 4 levels of surge to and the first 3 dont have any named, you have to charge the alter for the 4th level for named crafters/fighters

1 Like

Why you suggest the Aesir? What are the benefits from other surges. What do I choose to gain Aesir? I have called only once sourge, the south one and I gained a darfari sourge, still I didn’t use eldarium but hardened steel. 100 hardened steel and one hundred lowest???.
@Halk I’ve seen every single video, still most of them are not updated, they are a bit old so maybe something has changed :man_shrugging:, maybe not, I don’t know, but the question remains, do you get better chances from surge to gain crafters or camps?

Oh wiki, thanks m8, so I have to grind more :rofl::rofl::rofl:, OK!

I only try three type once so far,
The north 3 fighter, 2 archer, 2 yimr priest.
The centre 3 fighter, 1 archer, 1 dancer, 1 jhebal priest.
The north east 1 fighter, 2 armorer, 2 mitra priest and 1 more i forgot what it is.
The sample size is too small to say for sure but hope it help.

1 Like

Different crafters have different spawn rates depending on the surge. So without knowing what you’re specifically looking for it’s hard to help.

But in general, surges are more consistent for farming T4s. You will need 10 hardened steel for the latest and a total of 1000 essence from ??? For max level surges. I like north, north east, west, and south.

2 Likes

@Tuffman , Is there any difference using hardened steel or eldarium? Can you use star metal too?

They use hardened steel to make the focus altar now before it was the decayed eldarium.

1 Like

@BrutusWhitefang , When I used 100 pieces of hardened steel I lost them all, how did the surge system consume them, if hardened steel is only for crafting the focus?

You should only put required amount of hardened steel as it would take away the excess that is still inside once the focus altar is made. I am thinking it because of the inventory switching from the base where you made the focus altar to the focus altar making the swirling chaos.

1 Like

@BrutusWhitefang , So no matter how much hardened steel I will put only the ??? makes the difference. Did I get it right?

Yes, only amount of swirling chaos crafted from ??? Affect the tier of the surge.
You need 1000 for a T4 surge on normal setting.

1 Like

@BrutusWhitefang , 200 lesser or 100 unstable or 20 greater plus the focus?

Edit, how much of these

Lesser = 1
Unstable = 2
Greater = 50
Shining = 100
Altar + 20 greater/10 shining/500 unstable/1000 lesser.
That about it. If doing it alone, don’t charge into middle as there a bunch of mini boss thrall that cannot be knock out.

1 Like

@BrutusWhitefang , Yea, I had an Amazon surge. The loot was OK, the experience was good at least in the beginning…
You know officials are… How can I say it politely… Hmmm, I can’t so I will stop on officials are…
2 idot kids came slaying every single crafter, no mater if they were lvl 3, I would like to have a collection of Amazon lvl 3 crafters, I really liked their outfit, so… They left none… None. If I wanted to boost my knowledge in island of Siptah, I could always play solo or in a private server, but I play officially to take it slow, to enjoy every moment, but some times some persons make you regret it. In any case tomorrow is another day, I can always summon another Amazon sourge, it is not the end of the world after all. If I decide to do a lvl 4 sourge I will have to make sure that I am alone in the server :rofl:.
Thank you for everything m8 :+1:t6:
Yet, the bottom line is that in official servers is better to grind the camps, so I’ll keep grinding the camps for now :wink:.

Hey sorry i didn’t get a notification for your reply, the aesir berserkers ive been raiding seems to be better then cimmarian ones, they’ve dropped decent fighter perks and level their own strength better then cimmarian do, out of a good 25 cimmarian zerkers I’ve had 20 drop strength negating perks and massive archers stats

But with the aeisr I’ve noticed they level their tighter stats waaaaay more competently for some reason

You’ll have to head to the demon lay shrine for them i think it’s called, to get named ones like the others have said you’ll need to to the teir 4 surge

1 Like

Either of the three active leyshrines will work

1 Like

Ah perfect then, the info i used to learn surges made it sound like you had to be at a specific layshrine to summon, glad that’s not the case

1 Like

That is still up for debate on which is better, but it feel way more satisfying to train the aesir than the accursed case in point this picture

1 Like

I’m not so much concerned perk wise, I have no reason to believe they are any less random. But I do want to test damage output between camp spawn accursed T4s and surge Aesir. The camp spawns I believe have a higher damage modifier but if you look at the strength based melee damage bonuses, Aesir is significantly higher. Maybe I’ll get to it this weekend.

2 Likes