Stage instability

Game mode: [ Online official ]
Type of issue: [ Bug ]
Server type: [ PvE-Conflict ]
Region: [ America ]
Hardware: [ PS4 ]

Bug Description:

As of the new update, anything previously placed on a stage piece has lost stability and vanished. Members of my clan who had crafting stations and storage atop stages have lost everything. Attempting to place anything on a stage now results in it immediately losing stability and the item simply ceasing to exist.

Expected Behavior:

Stages to function the same way they always have.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Attempt to put a placeable item on a stage
  2. Item vanishes into the aether never to be seen again
  3. (Optional) Have your entire clan quit the game because hours upon hours of grinding have gone completely to waste and they’ve lost valuable items and thralls that can no longer be replaced
5 Likes

That’s a really crap move on their part. Those of us on the forum were aware in most cases but how many players of this game dredge around forums looking for potential disasters.I would be P.O.

4 Likes

The thing is, that a known fix was applied to the other platforms so, not sure why it wasn’t pushed to PS4 with the update.

We’ve disabled the following setting ‘dw.DisableBuildingValidation’. This has been set to 1 by default for now

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies guys. It honestly boggles my mind that they would knowingly introduce more bugs like this to the game. Usually devs will at least iron out known issues before a release. Even if they absolutely had to rush this update out, at the very least a warning to remove everything from stages would’ve been nice.

Oh well. No sense in me griping any longer. There’s a reason the game is so dead :frowning:

Question: do the stage pieces themselves get blasted to oblivion? or is it just whatever is placed on the stage?

Thank you for the clarification. I frequently use stages in castles/keeps and longhouses with a portion in the center lowerd(fence foundation trick). I’ll have to refrain from putting my “throne” on it for now.

1 Like

In Siptah, we have two stage pieces in the bar. Each piece had a dancer, candles, and random mugs or wine buckets. Everything is gone but the stage and the dancer.

I only had stage pieces in the Exile Lands in the northern base. In our throne room on the lake, there was a 4x5 opening where the lake is visible, similar to a pool. We had stage pieces in there with planters for a water garden. Those stage pieces all disappeared, along with the planters.

Right next to the pool, there are stage pieces with the throne, rugs, candles, pillows, and a dancer. Those pieces were unaffected, and they remain as they were before the patch. I don’t know why.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.