Stairs and Second Floor do not work

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: America

recently came back to the game after playing at launch for a while, a friend’s private server (no mods). I spent a few hours building a cool little cabin, and unfortunately I decided to make it multiple levels. Starting today, the stairs no longer work. I just pass right through them.
I can occasionally jump up to the second floor off of my bed when I line things up right. on the second floor the screen is jumping constantly, as I am just continually falling. the stairs on that floor do work, so I can get to the third floor, which acts normally.

Multiple restarts, a defrag, and a file integrity check later, I simply cannot get the second floor to work anymore, and can’t even smash it to rebuild, as it’s non-interactible.
There are no mods on the server.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Join the server and load in.
  2. that’s it

Does it happen only in one spot? Did you try other areas?

Try loging out and back in a few times and see if things get better.

I get this running man bug often.
haven’t found a solid workaround but running out of clip range then returning works sometimes.

2 Likes

It’s a know issue , if you get out of render distance and come back this will solve the problem ( but you’ll have to do it each time you log in ) , having the game on an SSD reduce a lot the problem , and waiting a minute after log in that everything in your surroundings is loaded before moving around also will reduce the occurence of this bug . In the wait for fix from the devs :wink:

as it turns out a horde of undead dogs??? ate my cabin. I don’t even have iron yet lol

-edit- so I have nothing left to test it on

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.