Subject: DropLootOnDeath=False but also EverybodyCanLootCorpse=True... however can't loot

Game mode: Online Private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PVP
Region: Asia

Subject: DropLootOnDeath=False but also EverybodyCanLootCorpse=True… however can’t loot

Hello, can you help clarify whether this is on your radar?

I am an admin on a PVP server, and I like how players continue to keep their inventory when they die. This works great to balance a PVE experience on a PVP server.

However, after many hours of testing I cannot figure out how to allow PVP players to still loot from the corpse of another player they just killed. Can you clarify whether this is being looked at as an issue?

Here is a summary of my settings:

[/Script/ConanSandbox.ServerSettings]
EveryoneCanCheat=false
BuildingRadialDestructionForceMultiplier=500.000000
LogoutCharactersRemainInTheWorld=True
DurabilityMultiplier=1.000000
DropLootOnDeath=False

[ServerSettings]
DropEquipmentOnDeath=False
DropShortcutbarOnDeath=False
DropBackpackOnDeath=False
EverybodyCanLootCorpse=True

Based on what I read in the Server Configuration wiki it has been observed that the following config options have issues, however they still seem necessary to me:
DropEquipmentOnDeath=False

I wonder if this option is supposed to replace all 3 of the above?
DropLootOnDeath=False

I also notice that the following disappears from the serversettings, probably because it is a default setting:
EverybodyCanLootCorpse=True

If DropLootOnDeath is false, the player does not drop loot (and it overwrites the other 4 settings, as they are not useful at that point.)

The wiki seems to be missing information on these however, I added a note for it to the talk page, which you should read if you wan’t to know how it works.

1 Like

Thanks TheLOLxd2 for the resource and your leadership.

I just tried GetAllServerSettings and then hit ~ two times to see all of the options. Interesting… the only options available to change are DropEquipmentOnDeath and EverybodyCanLootCorpse.

All of these are not even visible:
DropLootOnDeath=False

I wonder what that means?

oh, that’s somewhat interesting. I thought the note we have written down about unexposed server settings said that all server settings from the serversettings.ini are available through that command. I did have 2 of those settings referenced as unexposed but not mentioned in the manual (meaning they do not show up ingame and are not listed in the steam manual we originally pulled from)

Why they are unexposed -supposedly- is written here:
https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration#References

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.