Subscription (heard the boos)

Hear me out, Funconians…

After putting close to 1000 hours into this game I came across a wonderful idea that likely has been mentioned, so if this is a repeat, sorry…

With the appreciation of this game, the numerous modders and available playerbase out there, add subscription requirements. (This is where I figure boos come in)… FUNCOM let’s be honest here, you have limited staffing performing updates and such for multiple games, which I didnt pay much mind to except Secret World. Your fiscal overture might be around 7 or 7.5%? Start subscriptions! Not over extra items or cosmetics, etc, but to sustain your company.

Now I get it, free play, do DLC, yadaa yadaa, but come on. You have a gold mine lacking a more complex support staff (nice, eh?) keeping up with a game that is a diamond in rarity, titanium in structure and a money pit waiting to happen!

Would you have frantic shifts in player base, well, of course… every successful company has to deal with the good and bad, but seriously, a larger staff base would raise morale at the work area and give developers, managers and public relations much needed breaks. You can put a damn espresso in! (Lmao)

Getting back to point, better feeling company = happier players, more development and research/testing can take place and be implemented, chaotic bug coding can be squashed without an OMG moment and us players can properly support the makers of an incredible game with a dynamic world full of wonder and exploration.

Food for thought, maybe a repeat, nuff said.

Sincerely, a dedicated gamer and someone with too much time to write this. :smiley:

1 Like

Not sure if this is irony or not

2 Likes

Sorry Tascha and others, I have to bump since I’m genuinely interested in your response to this subject.

We absolutely appreciate the suggestion, but we made a decision from the start that Conan Exiles wouldn’t have a subscription fee. We are still sticking to that decision :slight_smile:

7 Likes

lol, what exactly do you do when you have a problem? You stare at it and hope it will go away? Throwing resources and money at it could indeed create more issues in the case of Funcom, but what exactly do you suggest to solve a problem, if according to you throwing money at a problem does not resolve it?

1 Like

I think he meant doesn’t always solve them and it’s true you try running a business. Throwing money at things doesn’t always work.

1 Like

I do run a (small)business, creating software even… Apart from throwing money at an issue by having someone look at it I do see any other possibility tbh. And btw there are no problems, there are only solutions.

1 Like

It seems everyone is running software development businesses these days.

1 Like

A lot of gamers do in fact, I’m in the SAP world.

I’ve always hated sitting at a desk kudos to you a hour in I’d be flipping my desk or couch which ever you work on.

I understand the suggestion, that a subscription would give Funcom a more regular revenue stream which could support more admin help, etc. However, I applaud Funcom for making this a non-subscription game, and hope that it always remains so.

From experience I’ve seen how skeleton crews will do their best, however at times are unable to keep up maintenance and support. It’s one of those things where revenue is necessary to provide resources. I’m a big advocate for subscription based games. I enjoy helping the company as I enjoy the game and subscription can avoid microtrasactions which can get out of hand.

Amen

Suddenly charging a recurring fee for something customers have already bought on the premise of it not requiring such a fee… would not be well received and is not a sound business plan.

Money is usually necessary to solve problems, yet it is not always sufficient to.

1 Like

Uhm… I doubt too many people would keep a sub up if they dont get anything tied to it.
However, if there was an optional subscription which i.e. grants access to some new server which gets cleaned up and with moderation in terms of having someone look at issues of different kinds…
Those who choose to pay the sub would be whitelisted (should be possible via steam if the sub runs over it as well?) and those who dont have paid time anymore would get their toon on those servers deleted.
Just another crazy thought of mine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.